Alexandre Lacazette

It’ll be a serious catastrophe if Lacaczette is allowed to leave . Personally I’d build the team round him . Fabulous finisher and should be played to his strengths.

1 Like

Fabulous finisher ? Maybe when he has got the extra half a second you’re not allowed in the EPL.

Sorry but top European clubs don’t build a team around a 1 in 2.5 CF.

3 Likes

Good thing we’re not a top European club then :poldi:

1 Like

But that’s what we want to get to is it not ? Though if we’re happy to solidify our position in middle of England’s top flight, by all means building a team around Lacazette is fine.

2 Likes

Wonder when we’ll get there instead of having options like Nelson and Martinelli to rely on.

2 Likes

We aren’t a top European team sadly .
Sadly we aren’t even a top team now in the PL ,
Selling an out of form striker isn’t the answer .

Building a team around him isn’t either.

3 Likes

So what is then ?
Letting Lacazette go ?
No wonder we are a fucked up club .

1 Like

To be fair, I would let both Auba and Laca go next summer if they don’t sign extensions and hope we get back something more than what we invested(120-140m). Add to that the potential sales of Musti, Mkhi, Elneny, etc. and we’ve got some budget.
Attacking-wise focus on Martinelli, Nketiah, Saka and Pepe(maybe Nelson too if Arteta fixes him up). If we need more we could either invest on someone U25 or get a stop gap striker as support (Giroud could do).

That’s as average a solution as you could get.

2 Likes

Oh piss off mate…and happy birthday!! :tada:

Thanks mate.

1 Like

The guy averages 14 passes successful a game and misplaces over 4, he loses the ball through dispossession or poor touch 4 times a game so that’s 14 good 8 bad, he wins 1 aerial duel and 1 tackle a game and 1 interception every 3 games. That’s his hold up stats

2 shots per game 5 goals all season.

Guy is average as shit and we all watch him mince about, just because he had a good 20 minutes vs palace and 45 vs leeds doesnt make his previous performances where he was fucked benched for 4 games redeemed.

4 Likes

If we are planning on selling Laca, surely we could put in a cheeky bid for Cenk Tosun? Need to replace any outgoings with relative quality.

5 Likes

What a load of cock
The only statistics which are important is where we are in the league and the final score

Exactly and we are shit

1 Like

That’s the sad thing about it
Couldn’t agree more

Maybe those stats are bad but let’s level here, the guys has never surpassed 15 league goals in the PL. I’m going off memory here so even that number might be giving him too much credit. That’s not a top tier CF by any stretch of the imagination. If we are content with EL football and 5 - 8 PL then by all means build around him.

1 Like

He has scored 14 and 13 in his first 2 seasons and currently on 5 just over the halfway point this campaign.

1 Like

Allow me to try and make my argument again, you need to consider how much time he’s played and the role he is given. He’s not even top 10 in minutes played in our squad (~half the minutes Auba has with 14 goals), if he had 14 in the time he’s played he’d be more efficient than Messi, if he had 10 he’d be more efficient than Jamie Vardy who is the top scorer with 17. He’s played approx. 11 full games, that would be 15 in 35 games even in this subpar form of his and role.

As far as being a top tier CF you should rather compare him by role and his numbers to Firmino or similar who is a key player in comfortably the best team in the world - he never had more than 15 in a season there, he’s 1 in 3 over all and current having played nearly every minute this season for a whopping 7 goals, he needs more minutes per goal than Laca. Obviously Firmino is absolute world class and better than Laca at most other things in their role but that role is mainly about off the ball work and movement. He gets more assists when people finish properly.

That’s why our problem was never much about our CF’s goal tally (tho obv. it would help), but with everyone elses, consider why bar Laca’s 5 and Auba’s 14 we have a total of… 10 goals across the rest of the entire squad. Pepe’s next after them with 3. In more minutes than Laca. He’s the one who should be near double digits. The next top 2 scorers are… ta da, our centre backs Luiz and Papa with 2 each this season. 1 from Chambers, that’s 5 from defenders. The last two goals are one each from Torreira and Martinelli. The only other 2 goals we got from the rest of the midfield and striker squad lol

Imo that’s always been the real picture and it’s a disaster (I guess tog. with our defense) and people are projecting it on Laca. He’s not the missing goal scorer, he’s partly utility and consider the minutes he’s played and his role and we should look elsewhere. We need the next 3-4-5 players in line to get more goals not Laca or Auba.

If Pepe finds permanent form tomorrow, it might prove to have been worth it, I don’t know if it is a fitness adaptation thing but £70m for 3 goals with a false 9 CF to help out, no one else is scoring, no midfielders, nothing… compare to Liverpool, not only do both their wingers score like Auba, they have another 14 players who’ve scored for them in the league and they’re not even the top scoring team lol

3 Likes