Alexandre Lacazette

This is the very least you can expect of a CF who isn’t prolific. Doesn’t warrant huge praise imo

There’s plenty of Danny Ings types of forwards out there who are capable of putting in shift in throughout the 90 and can act as a decent focal/ enthusiastic presser

There’s nothing particularly unique or special about Lacazette’s output that we couldn’t get at a much cheaper cost elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yeah goal-scorers, even shit ones go for ridiculous money and have always been the premium buy.

I think this is probably true… I thiink the Laca situation boils down to the following:

1. Are we extending Auba? (probably not imho)
  2. Given 1, are we forced into selling him this summer (not sure, if he is happy to ride out contract, I might be inclined to let him)
  3. If we lose Auba, can we also afford to lose our #2 striker (while I love Martinelli, I’m not sure we want him being our main guy and then who is behind him?)

We could go from Auba and Laca to Martinelli and Eddie… ummm… don’t think that works.

We’d need to buy at least ONE striker, a top one… in a world where we sell both of them and recoup 80 million, we could certainly go find someone, but probably not two unless they were in the second or third tier and/or promising prospects still, which we already have in Martinelli.

A lot of dominoes hinge on whether Auba is playing for us next season and secondarily the season beyond that.

1 Like

He’ll sign a deal if we keep trending upwards under Arteta I think. His recent statement in the programme was a good indicator he’s buying in to Arteta.

Laca should be shifted regardless of auba situation anyway. What he offers just isn’t enough for a club looking to get back into the CL let alone compete for major titles down the line.

If we could get anymore than what we paid it’s a no brainer.

3 Likes

He’d be blowing out of his arse at HT if he did what Laca’s been doing lately.

1 Like

Amy Lawrence has done a great article on Lacazette today. Well worth a read if you have the subscription.

Copy and paste it for me pls bro

Edit: forgot I had a subscription

2 Likes

Involuntary Traitor

Quite an array of misses here. Harsh caption.

The only misses that really pissed me off is that brace of chances he had against Tottenham at Wembley a couple of seasons ago.

The first chance was difficult, on the volley, but he spurned it dramatically.

The second chance in injury time was gilt-laden for him to finish

Some of them are fucking incredible haha.

In his defense Auba misses a lot of chances too all strikers do, however the sheer amount of chances Auba gets means he will naturally finish more in the long run. Laca has no movement, is very slow of foot as well. As a link up guy he is somewhat effective. Yesterday great assist, recieved the ball with his back to goal and threaded Auba through. It’s just a shame we have a bunch of these guys all over the pitch for our club who masquerade as a midfielder or forward but really are extremely limited with what they can do.

1 Like

One thing I’ll give Laca in his defence is he knows how to finish what looks like an impossible chance.

You could easily make a compilation as long as the one above of all the ridiculous goals he’s scored too.

4 Likes

The problem Lacazette has is his movement of timing runs isn’t good enough to get lots of shots. Also he needs that extra half a second to sort his mind and feet out before taking a shot, which you often can’t afford in the EPL.

1 Like

I’ll give him credit he can finish.

But he usually makes some of those chances impossible though lol

Take his goal in the NLD last season.

He gets put in a very nice position, but because he’s pretty slow, he ended up just turning twice, then letting off a shot that went in.

But most of the time that doesn’t work.

Look, he seems like a lovely guy, and I hate to get pissed off at him all the time.

But watching him play gives me Xhaka levels of anger. Zero movement, slow, weak.

Let’s try and flog him as a Suarez replacement to Barcelona pls.

Lol, absolutely no. Atleti need a player like Laca way more than we do Lemar.

We dont need a player who can play either wing or cam, is good with both feet and can dribble the ball forward really well and has a good eye for a pass?

I’d gamble on that 100%

I’d expect some money ontop though.

3 Likes

Yeah, if they throw £20m/£30m on top, I’d defo consider it

1 Like

I’m not against Laca but we need the dynamic changing so I’d be open to the move.

1 Like

Consider Lemar’s past 2 year and half with Laca’s.
The only thing I can give Lemar is his age. Arsenal have way more leverage here.
Fact is, all those things you’ve listed are attributes that Lemar has shown in Monaco’s wonder season. Laca while not showing great figures in goals, he has been putting in the dirty work of a CF that Cholo likes.