Alexander Isak

I don’t know about this kid but we really need to nail the CF signing next summer or the rot will be permanent.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure Edu is on the case.

2 Likes

If he could add some goalscoring ability, movement inside the box, finishing etc to the athleticism he has, you have a very dangerous man up front.

Very raw atm, reminds be a bit of Auba when he was at St Ettiene. Tons of athleticism, but a very modest goalscorer at that time. Only really learned how to behave like a striker deep in his 20s. This guy only about to turn 22.

I really wouldn’t mind us taking a chance with this guy.

3 Likes

He was a FM phenom a few years ago and then faded a bit but seems to have grown in form and he shows signs of being really tricky and nimble too. Will continue to follow him and hope he can help Sverige for the next 5+ years.

1 Like

He did score 17 goals in la liga last year though. I believe he could have scored more, but as you said he needs to work on his finishing.

2 Likes
3 Likes

How is his heading, hold up play and strenght? He is tall but lanky and skinny as fek

1 Like

They need work. His best quality is by far his dribbling.
He’s very much project player still.

His heading needs work, but I wouldn’t say he’s worse off then any other striker his age. To generalise most strikers get better at heading the older they get.
Another part that needs improvement is when playing his back to the goal. He needs to bulk up some more, he’s no hold up player like Giroud/Laca.
If I had to compare him to someone it would be RvP. He’s very technical and wants the ball at his feet. Given a more free role to move around up front and having Saka and Martinelli beside him would be very deadly (on paper atleast).

2 Likes

Tak så mycka

1 Like

If I had to compare him to someone it would be Thierry pre-Arsenal. :eyes:

He was exciting as fuck to watch at the Euros.

Been very disappointing to see his production numbers this season.

Obviously missing playing with Ødegaard.

1 Like

Do Sociedad play like us? Do they create a lot of chances? Because if not there’s only so much I’d read into the numbers he’s getting for them.

I’d say whoever is choosing our transfer targets has earned a bit of credit otherwise. Also, much like in other positions, if we’re buying players of this age, we’re not buying the finished article. That’s the chance we’ve chosen to take - that we can take players on and develop them quickly and so far we’ve done exactly that.

Yes, they do create a lot. Usually more than us too.
He’s a pretty shit finisher though, can’t sugarcoat it. :sweat_smile:
The fact that he scored the goals he did last season is a bit of a miracle.

He really needs to get on that Martinelli regime if we get him. Double/triple finishing sessions, weightlifting and bulking diet.

1 Like

(get Oyarzabal instead tbh) :sweat_smile:

On a serious note, if we get him he is another great ball carrier in the team. Used to be a time where we signed fucking Denis Suarez because we were massively lacking in that department.
Now we have ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Partey, Lokonga, White, Tavares, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, no question he’s talented but that injury potential scares me.

I know he’s had some injuries here and there this season but he has still played plenty hasn’t he? I don’t recall him being injured in previous seasons either. Are you concerned with how skinny he is?
He does have a bit of Diaby body which I guess is worrying.