AFCON

Hard to bet against Egypt tbh.

It’s interesting though as I only really feel that way because of their pedigree and their world superstar up front. Rest of their team seems bang average on paper yet historically they’ve come to Afcon as the most organised unit. It’s like Italy where you can bank they’ll always come correct to tournaments however their squad is looking.

Nigeria’s talent is more spread. Not as stacked as some of their previous teams but definitely more big names across the side than Egypt.

1 Like

Yeah it’s depressing, I used to be more invested in the Ghana team a few years back but not as much in recent years.

Whenever AFCON rolls around I still hope this is the year where they can break the trophy draught and win it again, but it’s not looking likely lol.

Are you Ghanaian?

Used to have such a strong team. The World Cup nearly semi finalists a decade back combined so much technical and physical ability.

That team yesterday was shit. They could barely string a pass together and it was just constantly niggling fouls and attacks that broke down. No cohesion

Easily the worst Ghana team I’ve seen in a long time

Kevin-Prince Boateng said Ghana should have given him a call :sweat_smile:

Just seen he’s ended up back at Hertha. How on earth is he still a top flight football player?

Some of these pitches have looked a bit bobbly anyone else noticing this? Ball ain’t moving or bouncing off the turf too well.

Just as I say that they’re replacing the ball lol

No Victor Osimhen for Nigeria?

Covid or injury. Can’t remember which one I think it’s the latter

Big loss for Nigeria

1 Like

Yeah I am - as you said the team used to be much stronger.

I remember the pride and pain felt among all Ghanaians in 2010 after that Suarez handball.

There was also alot of potential at that time in the youth team which won the U20 World Cup in 2009. Great stamina, combined with technique and aggression.

But the future is looking a bit meh at the moment, though I’ll admit I haven’t analysed the current crop too closely but will try to as I reconnect…

1 Like

What a strike! Thoroughly deserved lead

3 Likes

Finish, that

2 Likes

mad finish indeed

Yeah they really had a promising generation. But you know Ghana has always been a revolving belt of talent anyway just need another good generation to come through for you. But honestly that was the worst Ghana team I have seen for years. Still some tidy players just can’t be relying on people like the Agee’s anymore for attacking quality.

Nigeria look real good.

Egypt look weak too. Can’t lie my prediction was terrible. Feel for Salah a bit.

1 Like

I love African National Team names Super Eagles, Elephants, The Squirrels.

1 Like

Yeah they look absolutely horrendous. No creativity whatsoever. Just look poor in every aspect

Does Iwobi not get in the Nigeria team any more?

Carlos Queiroz rocking out some dead football for the Egyptian’s I take it?

Such a one sided game. Nigeria could end this any moment.