Abortion

There was litterly like 189 unread posts in this thread for me :joy::joy::joy: wondered what the fuck had happened

I’ve answered the question; you are the refusing to accept my answer.

You don’t want to watch it shows the truth of what you’re advocating for.

I could keep it going another 189 easy and he still won’t answer the question. :slight_smile:

Freudian slip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will say it again if don’t accept my answer that’s fine; don’t come out with bs that I didn’t answer the question.

I don’t need to bring up statistics when the law states an abortion can’t be carried out after 24 weeks unless there is serious health complications with the child or mother.

So we know abortions after 24 weeks only happen when the child is deformed, suffers from a serious illness, or if the woman was raped. So your 1% argument is in fact 100% of abortions, post 24 weeks.

The only test for down syndrome before 24 weeks is a test that could accidently abort the baby

Now you may argue 24 weeks is too high a cut off for abortions that don’t fit into this bracket and that’s maybe more of a reasonable discussion to be had. But no the only post 24 week abortions are where the fetus has a pretty severe illness or if the woman has been raped.

If you can find less severe reasons for post 24 week abortions, I’d be interested in seeing them.

That is a false statement.

Just read a state saying 1.8% of a abortion in the U.K. are 19-24 weeks; it did not go in to the reason why.

Read a journal that was publish in 2008 called reproductive health matter; by their admission their say there is no particular reason the why women are haven second trimester abortions in the U.K.

In the journal itself a Marie stopes research found most second trimester abortion in the U.K. are done because some of the woman realised their were pregnant late on.

You are intentionally using the 1% argument to bolster your side and presenting false facts.

Without actually answering the question. Which you could have done a couple dozen times by now. :slight_smile:

Guys stop

1 Like

No it isn’t. I said ‘third trimester’ NOT ‘second trimester’, which you’re now discussing. Third trimester is after 24 weeks. The video you wanted to discuss was about abortions after 24 weeks, hence I am telling you the actual law for abortions after 24 weeks and the reasons they happen.

I stated Post 24 weeks, this means after the 24 weeks. Now you’re shifting the discussion about terminations from 19-24 weeks. This is a completely seperate debate and we can discuss this too after we agree on what we both consider ethical after 24 weeks.

So when we talk Post 24 weeks, every termination is ‘the 1%’ you refer to because that is the law.

Let me help your argument here. In terms of Post 24 weeks, you could argue that Down’s Syndrone is not a good enough reason to end a feutus’s life. I don’t necessarily agree with this, it’s contencious.

So do you think a mother and father after discovering their child is downsydrome after 24 weeks (you can’t scan for it before that) should be able to terminate such a pregnancy? I think they should have the right to do this, for the well being of all including the child who’d have a painful life. the child would have all manner of health problems. But on the other hand if I had a child with down sydrome I would love him or her. However if the parents die, the downsydrome adult wouldn’t be able to function in society. This is another consideration for parents.

The mother and father will have to make the choice and live with the outcome, whether you take that life or not it doesn’t change at all.
Again what justification does it have for other 99% abortion cases you still have answered that; and of that 99% at least in America 1-2% is late term abortion.

England doesn’t have third trimester abortion it’s illegal. The video in itself never outline anything with the health of the child, you are just associated for yourself.

You want to make abortion legal because of the 1%, ok we make it legal for the 1% none of you would be happy because you’d want it for 99% also; reason being morals, ethics and compassion, yet none of this is afforded to the unborn child that has done nothing wrong but exist.

You’re the only one talking about this. I’d like to take care of 100% of women who find themselves in the situation of needing an abortion (yes needing as opposed to wanting and it’s not up to me or you to decide which is which). You only want to take care of 1%…or at least you’re pretending you do anyway.

1 Like

Bought this to commemorate this awesome thread.

How this thread makes me feel.

It’s wrong.

Just my two cents on a vital topic.

The ban or abortions?

Sad state of affairs… the insanity is that these are the same knuckleheads who are against planned parenthood and sex education and providing contraception to the world… frankly, plainly stupid, unrealistic, and insulting to women to suggest it is all on them to “just close their legs.”

Just another reason to be embarrassed as an American - to those who oppose it on religious grounds, apologies, but I just can’t tolerate the whole hypocritical and medieval views.

2 Likes

It’s so medieval to say hey let’s offer the unborn child it’s human right to life :face_with_raised_eyebrow:; hey telling people if you don’t want to get pregnant use the readily available contraception and be responsible!, that’s just wrong.

you have said anything on the New York abortion bill? You are angry at a state that says sorry we want to protect the innocent life, but more then happy for another to advocate for killing the innocent in the womb up until birth.

You’re such a massive arsehole.

1 Like

If it wasn’t insanely hypocritical, I could at least appreciate a metaphysical debate…

It reminds me of Monty Python with “every sperm is sacred” song.

We will never see eye to eye on this b/c it is ideology for you.

1 Like

Im not at all surprised that you stand behind this. I’m not even going to start a argument, there’s no point. The rest of the free world will thankfully still function as usual.

1 Like