Abortion

We’ve told you several times but you seem to want to believe the Alex Jones version instead for some reason.

Well 2 issues have been conflated. So you’re referring to third trimester abortions, which has this cavet:

"In order for a patient to terminate a pregnancy in the third trimester, a single doctor must certify that continuing the pregnancy would likely cause the patient’s death or substantially impair her mental or physical health. "

Changed from:

“in order for a patient to terminate a pregnancy in the third trimester, three doctors must certify that continuing the pregnancy would likely cause the patient’s death or “substantially and irremediably impair” her mental or physical health.”

I don’t think a responsible doctor recommends this course of action without the threat to the mothers health being quite severe. I’d imagine most mothers would want the baby to be kept alive if it wasn’t in distress.

What the hell does this have to do with Alex Jones?

Do you know a c section is completely viable and is used for most of these cases.

It is still vague because impair is subjective and can’t be quantified.

I find it so interesting that religious people feel so incredibly entitled to other people’s bodies as if believing in some random God always makes you right. Bunch of sociopaths.

Oh right so the babies body is null and void :thinking:; where does the right to life start then?

Sociopaths paths that’s interesting considering when abortion bills passed people were celebrating, even crying that they got the right to kill unborn children.

There’s nothing they like more than controlling women’s bodies.

1 Like

Somehow I can’t tell if it sarcasm or are you being serious :rofl:

Late term abortions are typically for: “tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe foetal abnormalities”.

Here’s 2 such example, I’d like you read both examples and give your thoughts on the mothers decisions:

Kate Carson a teacher from Massachusetts, was told at 35 weeks that her baby had a congenital disorder, a brain disorder and a condition called Dandy-Walker malformation. This meant that her daughter, who she and her husband had already named Laurel, was expected to never walk, talk or even swallow – and that’s if she even survived birth.

Kate and her husband felt they couldn’t bring Laurel into such a world of pain, and after many counselling sessions, went through with the abortion at Dr Hern’s clinic.

Reflecting afterwards, Kate said“I did not ever doubt I was doing the right thing for her, but that did not make it easier.”

For some of Dr Hern’s patients, other factors are at play.

“We have had many, many patients over the years that have been victims of incest or sexual assault,” Natalie tells me.

“Some are from such religious backgrounds that they fear being kicked out or even killed by their parents just for being pregnant. Often they just hope the pregnancy will disappear, or not even realise it’s happening until it’s too late.

"We had one very, very young girl travel to us from Canada. She had been a victim of rape and incest, and was accompanied by the protective services – no family, no friends.

“She came to us in winter, so young she was still wearing Tweetie-bird cartoon mittens. We were just all so desperate to help her, and to help her get through this.

1 Like

So what’s is the statistics behind how many late term abortions is medically necessary? Compared to those that aren’t

How about answering the question rather than posing your own?

How do you define necessary? Did you read the examples I posted and would you consider those 2 necessary?

Third trimester abortions are rare and usually with such extenuating circumstances.

Abortion if you’re not married? that’s just fucking stupid. Many people, including myself wouldn’t be here if that was mandatory

On similar note, there shouldn’t be a ban on abortion

That would pose immediate harm to the woman’s life.

What question

Read back and find it. Interested in how many ways you can avoid answering it. :slight_smile:

So extreme cases which I’ve already said we can make allowances for…

Yeah those case justify why the 99% should happen?

Do you accept both those cases form extreme circumstances?

They don’t have anything to do with the other 99%.

We should allow abortion for anything (99%) just in case of the extreme (the 1%)?
And that’s morally justified for why children in woman should not have the right to life?