Abortion

Here they are discussing it:

Here the governor explains it:

Canā€™t we get back to being responsible with our bodies and the choices we make???

@mhappy you will have idiots on both Prolife and prochoice side.

But do you also think abortion being allowed for first 20-24 weeks and then banned, is also incorrect?

Yea. Iā€™m familiar with the bill it absolutely in no way legalised what you are talking about. The Governor is a fucking pediatrician ffs. He is discussing a DNR order even if he hasnā€™t explained it very well.

There certainly are idiots around.

Go fuck yourself you self rightous cunt.

3 Likes

Listen I worked a hospital where a baby was born a 21 weeks. The child was looked after in an incubator to term and livedā€¦

I am all for the 1% cases getting access to abortion or up to 6-12 weeks.

Why am I the self righteous one again :rofl:

Wow did you just block your ears to ā€œmake comfortable and decideā€ he was talking about a child that has been born!!!

Him being a podiatrist doesnā€™t change fucking disgusting his comments are; and if you support that nonsense all I can say is wow

He was talking about a child who has been born and will not survive without medical intervention. He was talking about a DNR order on such a child under the agreement of the the medical staff and the parents. Yes I support that because the alternative is extending the suffering of all parties.

And yes if he was a foot doctor I wouldnā€™t have mentioned it but he is in fact a childrenā€™s doctor so yea, I think thatā€™s relevant.

Heā€™s a foot doctor? :slight_smile:

No it isnā€™t, itā€™s Latin for pregnancy/offspring. Semantics aside, up until 11 weeks itā€™s an embryo, 2/3s of embryoā€™s are rejected by the womanā€™s body anyway. The embryo has no intelligence or human feeling. Itā€™s below the level of a braindead individual on life support at this stage.

Do you consider switching off the life support of a braindead man murder?

So no, characterising it as a ā€˜childā€™ is inaccurate because it is nowhere near that level of human existance.

Every animal that is killed to give us meat will have far greater levels of intelligence, pain sensitivity and emotional feeling, than any miscaridge prior to 24 weeks.

2 Likes

Burn!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to call bullshit on this given the world record for a premature baby surviving is 21 weeks and 5 days in Canada in 1987. At exactly 21 weeks there has been 0% of premature survivors in history.

Oh and that premature child will live a horrible painful and short life

EDIT Iā€™ve also found a baby at 21 weeks and 4 days who survived.

2 Likes

Word

Sorry I canā€™t find any pro choice agreements. On social media more so you see the most shit. Extreme feminists really ruin it for women like me and others who have sense and they speak so much shit and have 0 empathy. This ā€˜Itā€™s my bodyā€™ mantra is selfish. At the end of the day itā€™s killing someoneā€¦ even if the baby is just a bunch of tissues at 3 weeks old youā€™re still DENYING someone a chance of life

You canā€™t think of a single reason why a woman would want a termination, that you would agree with?

No he was not talking about a child that will not survive, where the hell did you get that from? He was explaining her freaking bill my god :man_facepalming:t5: Why do you think it got such backlash and failed.

So in Alabama any doctor attempting an abortion gets 10 years and I think 100 years if they carry it out?

What would be an appropriate sentence for a doctor attempting IVF but accidently destroying several of the fertilized eggs? Surely it has to be multiple counts of manslaughter and a sentence of at least 20 years.

That chain of logic isnā€™t at all tenuous or illogical. Itā€™s following through the logical conclusion of the law

He was talking about premature infants who wonā€™t survive without medical assistance and who the vast majority will die anyway. The majority will have painful disabilities that will make their life absolute hell on earth. While it maybe a parents right to try and help the child survive itā€™s surely a parental responsibility to put their child out of suffering by removing medical support if they feel the baby should be put out of itā€™s suffering.

These are the statistics:

Babies born at 23 weeks have a 29% chance of survival (50% of them have no disability at age 3).

Babies born at 24 weeks have a 46% chance of survival (60% of them have no disability at age 3).

Babies born at 25 weeks have a 69% chance of survival (70% of them have no disability at age 3).

Babies born at 26 weeks have a 78% chance of survival (80% of them have no disability at age 3).

Babies born at 27 weeks have a 90% chance of survival.

Babies born between 28-31 weeks gestation have at 90-95% chance of survival.

Babies born between 32-33 weeks have a 95% chance of survival.