Abortion

The it is morally right to kill a child because oh you know inconvenience

Are you looking for a discussion on this? You’re going to have to form some coherent thoughts if so.

Most abortion a performed not because it’s necessary but because of convenience. About 1% of abortion is done because of rap and incest.

So tell me what’s is morally right about killing children in to womb?

If you have someone living rent-free in your womb, you should be able to evict them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see what morals have to do with it. I’ll never have to make this choice but by fuck would I want to be able to if faced with it.

I really, really don’t believe it to be murder. You use that emotive language if you want, it’s not what it is.

As for necessary, don’t see who either of us are to decide that!

1 Like

Got any verified stats to remotely prove that last claim?

As for the New York bill, most of us probably haven’t heard of it given we’re not in New York. Here’s the wiki summary…

The RHA legalized abortion at any time “when necessary to protect a woman’s life or health”.[15][21] or in the absence of fetal viability

Sounds reasonable to me.

1 Like

The reason why the Alabama law is getting so much attention is that it doesn’t allow for rape or incest only for “serious health risk to the mother”. To force a woman to carry the product of rape to term is morally repugnant to most people here. Hence the major outcry in the saner parts of the US that resonates around the world.

A little background. Alabama is one of the most conservative, Christian states in the US… second to last in education, 46th in income, 44th in violent crime, 40th in racial inequality. So it tends to be a bit of a battle ground state.

Personally, I’m anti-abortion. But to have the states legislate what a woman can or cannot do with her own body is unacceptable. It’s as simple as that for me.

This is very strange subject for me, we went through a couple of miscarriages and ended up adopting our oldest, if she had chosen abortion over adoption, then we wouldn’t have Charlie. I’ve also seen what having an abortion did to someone close to me. It did emotional damage that still effects her today. Sooooo… yeah tricky subject.

1 Like

Sorry but abortions are disgusting. Personally I’d take 9 months of me suffering over the guilt of killing all my life :woman_shrugging:t2:

It isn’t a child, it’s a feutus, especially in the first 3 months when it doesn’t have a functioning brain and it can’t even feel pain.

There starts to be an ethical consideration as the brain develops and there is a functunal brain

But what about the life of a child who’s going to be constantly in pain because of a medical condition? Is it ethical bringing such a life into this world knowing it will be a misery for both the child and the parents?

What about a pregnancy that threatens the life of the mother?

Good for you. That’s your choice and you should be free to make it. Just as others should be free to choose differently.

10 Likes

I don’t think it’s just the 9 months of pregnancy that leads lots of people to do it, what about things like parents that can’t provide a child with a good upbringing etc ? I’m sure lots of factors play a part.

Fetus is Latin for child…

If it’s not a child then what is it?
Oh please if that’s the justification then abortions would be super rare, but it is not

There is no time limit that’s the point :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, you can arbitrarily decide x reason mental or physical health, very vague with no clear definition by design.

We call taken a human life murder

Don’t be so stupid. That’s not what has been introduced.

Yeah it is; the term mental or physical health is vague terminology for a reason.

So what did think of the Virginia bill that failed, when a woman can kill her after she gave birth to it?

Where is the outrage

Prove that bill was introduced and that it actually legalised killing a born child.

Because it’s a hard thing to define. You’re a fucking moron if you think there are loads of women getting to 24+ weeks pregnancy then just on a whim deciding they don’t want the baby.

Can’t we just go back to pushing women down the stairs? Or making them go into a backalley to shove a coathanger up their cooch.

2 Likes