Aaron Ramsdale (1)

I’m not concerned about his form and his errors aren’t egregious.

He was at fault for both goals today. On the OG his misread the situation and came out

If Ward was our Keeper we’d be really be in trouble

Oh come on. How can you blame him for that own goal? Saliba was the most responsible there.

Listening to it and it sounded like he didn’t have a good game tbh

More so on White and Ramsdale more than anything.

Ramsdale should not have come out knowing there was a defender who could gain possession. Keeper only comes out to meet the ball if there’s no defender

Keeper has the benefit of seeing the entire defensive third, should have communicated and acted better in that moment. It’s not a big deal at all though and I’m not concerned

2 Likes

What do White and Ramsdale have to do with Saliba heading it poorly back to the keeper who was caught off guard?

His footwork and kicking is eratic, slugish and lacks finesse. I hate them lofted balls out to Saka going 2 km/h which are easy for the oppo to win.

He doesnt give you any sense of calmness in the backline. For him being pretty shit with his footwork, he has to be faultless with his handling, which he is not atm. Needs to step the fuck up.

His quality is fine but he’s just goofy. Just seems like he ‘needs’ to have one of those moments.

@sevchenko you’re worrying me. Are you writing an essay? I always fear seeing people replying for too long. :rofl:
Am I about to get roasted.

He was expecting the keeper to be there which is why he headed it directly back to the goal.

It’s the safest common sense option if the keeper is where he should be, which Ramsdale wasn’t. Like I said communication is on the keeper who is unengaged and can see everything in real time rather than the Defender who engaged defending

lol I am a leisurely typist generally, especially on mobile

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get too bent out of shape about his performance and I don’t think we have to go looking for someone to blame for the og. Miscommunication between a keeper and defender two games into their partnership. No biggie.

3 Likes

Pull your finger out Rambo.

1 Like

He was okay imo.

I understand the argument that he shouldn’t have come out which led to the Saliba own goal but I disagree there. If Saliba gets good contact and/or directs it properly, it’s no problem.

Getting beat through his legs (ayooo) at his near post is a concern.

He kept us in the game last week and made a nice save early today when Fofana (maybe?) was through.

Needs to tighten up a bit but I think especially their second goal was a case of us just drifting mentally.

1 Like

It’s not this season tho, he started having these shaky performances second half of last season. Him and Gabriel both. Oh well we won, but there is absolutely a little bit room for improvement. He’s still young for a GK, but if we aim to go play in the CL and face the top teams in Europe we need to get a bit more solid here.

3 Likes

No doubt. But I don’t think he had a horrible game or anything.

Never looks great when you get beat near post either.

No keeper should be beaten like he was for the second goal. And his positioning for the first goal was annoying he had no reason to come out and try to even attack the ball. It’s a Saliba error but Ramsdale doesn’t even need to come off his line there.

Conceded some soft goals second half of last season and made some errors with his feet that thankfully weren’t punished. He’s started this season as he finished last season and I’m not impressed.

Has to step up big time he’s becoming a weak link. He’s going to start getting punished for some of his footwork errors as he is with his positional errors.

5 Likes

By these 2 games (just by these 2 games), he is nothing better than Leno

His all round game is much better than Leno so I’m still content we’ve got the better keeper. I think his ability with the ball at his feet and how he generally commands his box means we’ve definitely got a keeper that suits us better than Leno ever would.

I know you’re hung up on Leno but we definitely made the right decision to bin one and keep the other.

2 Likes

IMO we did not really need to spend the money on Ramsdale but get an outfielder instead.

The difference is not that much and worth the money.

I said that when we first purchased him.
The more the games Ramsdale play, the more errors he would show.
So far I got this right.

1 Like

Agreed.

Leno wasn’t a bad 'keeper at all.

1 Like

Pope would have been the greatest choice