2020 Summer Olympics

This was the issue with RLWC wasn’t it.

Absolutely pathetic, but that’s Australia for you, this same health officer has a mask mandate in the state even when they’ve had 0 cases for weeks on end.

1 Like

28 days is way too much

Ursula von der Leyen Ursula von der Leyen Ursula von der Leyen EU EU EU

derp derp derp

derp

6 Likes

Imagine having your silver medal stripped because one of your teammates was taking PED’s

3 Likes

Those scummy Russians at it agai-oh…

1 Like

Other lads need to call him out now. Imagine training 4 years and this cunt robs you of your medal.

Weightlifting and boxing removed from Olympics starting 2028 with skateboarding and surfing taking their place lol.

Two sports with a very rich history in the Olympic Games, especially the latter.

Weird decision, don’t get that

Weight lifting and boxing are two of the oldest sports and a measure of strength and skill that anyone can do, regardless of where you’re from.

Surfing and skateboarding are relatively new sports and, unless you live near a skate park or beach with forty foot waves, they’re not easy to do.

If they want to get rid of superfluous sports, how about dressage, show jumping or yachting that predominantly only posh rich people can participate in.

1 Like

I think I remember the boxing issue being something to do with the boxing bodies not doing enough to combat corruption or some shit like that

It’s because the olympic committee believe there is too much match fixing in boxing.

They said that the International Boxing Federation “must demonstrate that it has successfully addressed the ongoing concerns around its governance, financial transparency and sustainability and the integrity of its refereeing and judging processes.”

1 Like

Dunno about weightlifting but boxing is surely out because it’s so so corrupt.

Probably something to do with drugs lol. Pretty much every Olympic strongman uses steroids and it’s really easy to get away with.

1 Like

Meh. That’s pretty much every Olympic sport I’d say

3 Likes

Without a doubt. I just can’t think of any other reason and despite it only being a few seconds Google away from being answered - I don’t care enough to check so I’d rather speculate lol.

1 Like

Weightlifting was reproached because of the necessity of “following anti-doping recommendations and showing full independence of the anti-doping programme.”

1 Like

Not suggesting it should be at the expense of a more established, traditional sport, but skateboarding being at the Olympics is great imo, I find it to be very watchable.

1 Like

Yeah agree as it also an all inclusive sport that’s always important for me.
As @InvincibleDB10 points out this isn’t the case with equestrian sports.

2 Likes

Well if it is to do with drugs, dressage was mentioned before, those horses are definitely on something!