2020 Summer Olympics

Punditry on the Olympics is probably better than most other sports.
Properly qualified comments and explanation. Easy too respect .

3 Likes

Admirable effort by the French in the Gold medal game against the US in the mens basketball, just going to fall short with a few too many turnovers costing them.

“Well if you won’t hit the horse harder, then I will”

It’s good and it’s bad. For example, the diving this morning on repeat was showing each diver back to back (in real time, you’d have to wait seemingly an eternity between dives)

However, if it’s a sport you’re really interested in and don’t just want to watch gold v silver, the BBC is shit.

I had to dredge through Eurosport’s shows from Thursday night/Friday morning in order to find the karate I wanted to watch. It wasn’t on BBC at all.

Eurosport have the main rights. I’m sure BBC are the secondary rights holder

1 Like

I take it the Brazil game isn’t on telly?

14 Likes

Pmsl :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Such a dumb ‘sport’ anyway. Good on the horse I say.

4 Likes

The person who came last in the marathon deserves more accolades than any rider in the dressage.

The main qualifications for being an Olympic equestrian rider are a horse, loads of money and having a double barrel surname.

It’s not exactly sport for all.

1 Like

I’m fucking up and about with Australia getting our 1st medal in Mens Basketball, well deserved for us after finishing 4th and the last two major championships.

4 Likes

Massive crash in the women’s omnium race including Laura Kenny :open_mouth:

She looks to be alright. Was a nasty one for a few riders.

Jason Kenny was so smart in that race, he’s been poor this Olympics by his standard when it comes to power so he just took a gamble and went for it from the first lap and hoped the others wouldn’t react in time. Love it.

GB 4th, 21 silvers that hopefully that can turn some into gold next time. Always amazing at the games. Fair play.

1 Like

Shithousery

3 Likes

We won!

1 Like

Which Barnier loving, EU cunt made this graphic?

3 Likes

It’s a valid point though.

Military aside, if the EU was a country it would by far be the biggest most dominant country in the world. Huge population, huge economy, extremely developed etc.

If you could just get people on the same page (impossible I know) then a United Federation of Europe would be unrivalled in global dominance.

Even the Chinese would struggle.

1 Like

Some of the Australian athletes coming back have to spend 28 days in isolation :flushed:

1 Like

I mean, that’s cool and all, but it just isn’t a country so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is a bit overkill.

3 Likes