2020 Summer Olympics

I think mixed relays are great. Enjoyed the swimming ones. I wouldnt be against seeing it more often.

18yr old Australian dude just won gold on skateboarding. He was unreal :fire::clap:

2 Likes

I hope Wan Quing wins the walking medal tonight.

Best name of an athlete ever.

3 Likes

Spewing we missed out on Gold in the Hockey, would have been our 18th Gold and a record in an Olympic Games for us.

Led the USA for half in the basketball also but then got our arses handed to us in the 3rd quarter.

We might not be dominating track cycling as much as we used to, but that women’s Madison was utterly ridiculous. Laura Kenny and Katie Archibald were so dominant. It looked too easy, was almost like the other countries didn’t know the rules.

Laura Kenny is now the first British woman to get gold at 3 Olympics.

3 Likes

This is ridiculous! You don’t need sound it’s just shite music.

4 Likes

I’d give you an extra like for the dig at Yellow too if I could.

1 Like

Awful choice of song lol

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Jason_Keen/status/1423599013308272644

awwwwww

(:ozil: :ozil: :ozil: get fucked dumb horsey people. Not a sport)

The ‘hard training’ he was on about:

6 Likes

To be fair it was the last event of the pentathlon so there was a touch more training than that. :slight_smile:

GB men lose (get silver) the 100m relay on the line. That’s gutting.

2 Likes

Annoying but what a finale to that race. I thought we had it in the pocket there!

2 Likes

Unbelievable. Opportunity of a lifetime.

That was shocking from Jamaica all around, awful start, awful transitions awful everything.

1 Like

Think that’s bad? At least they qualified for the final. You should check out USA’s attempt in the heats if you haven’t seen it already. Was embarrassing. Carl Lewis and Michael Johnson were fuming.

The AAU kids are 13 and under :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just been watching this. It’s actually hilarious. Them’s the rules though, the horses are always randomly selected. If your competitor gets Man City and you get Stoke City, tough luck :sweat_smile:

It’s second last, the last event is the laser run (shooting and running) which Kate French smashed as well.

On a serious note, this event is a bit cruel. Apparently Annika’s coach was shouting for her to hit the horse harder to get it under control.

2 Likes

That’s dumb you should be able to train with your own horse and use it in the competition. That’s like going to the Olympics as a tennis player and having a random person chosen to play a doubles match with you.

In the equestrian events, you do use your own horse. But in the modern pentathlon, you only get 20 minutes training time with whichever horse you’re assigned.

They just gave a rundown of the history of the event on TV. It’s based on the experience of a 19th-century cavalry soldier - and part of that is he had to ride an unfamiliar horse.

1 Like

Ahh okay well that makes a lot of sense that’s pretty cool.

I really like how easy it is to catch up on BBC Iplayer. Nice highlights show or little segments of each round.

Cycling is so intense but as someone said before it felt like noone knew how to race a Madison(?) It looked so easy for them.

Laura Kenny seems like a lovely person, always happy for her.

3 Likes