2018 FIFA World Cup

And the award of the dumbest player of the tournament, if not ever, goes to Kalinic who was sent home after refusing to go on as a sub for Croatia in their first game :facepalm:

9 Likes

When look you at Germany in 2014 or France this World cup international football does seem to work like that.

Not really, Franceā€™s most influential player is a 19 year old, no-one is talking about what Mbappe will do in four years time, weā€™re watching him do the business right now.

1 Like

I was more talking about the core of Varane, Pogba, Lloris and Griezmann and others of those generation which has been playing together for some years now and that has been building up towards a World Cup now.

Yeh but all those players are different age gaps, nations like France and Germany always have a plethora of talent - at all ages. Itā€™s not so much a case of building up a youth foundation as it is being spoilt for choice.

If young players are good enough they will be decisive, Iā€™m not sure in four years time Iā€™ll see anything different from the likes of Kane or Sterling, who are already at a very high level in the sport. Better structure and management would serve England moreso than waiting on the yoof to come good.

2 Likes

Oh Iā€™m convinced this England group does not have the potential to be one of the favourites for 2020 or 2022. But when you look at this France team of Germany 2014, of which 4/5 players won the 2009 U-21 European Championship, I do think a youth core with potential which can grow has some merit. This Belgium core could also be a small example. They have been together for years, but only now it might translate to something concrete.

If Perisic was in form he could single destroy France. He is unplayable on his day.

I started watching WC since 1982, and not remember one team that won the WC played a run-and-gun style of football.

All teams were technically sound enough, and able to control the tempo of the game and control the midfield.

England, still playing gung ho in midfield, and years behind the football powerhouse like Germany, Brazil, France, Spain in this category.

IMO, if England does not have a revolution in this department, they can just forget winning the WC.

America should just give up. They just canā€™t do football haha. Stick to the NHL and NBA lads

2 Likes

Most of the league streams I watch are from NBC, which arenā€™t bad at all.

1 Like

Itā€™s mainly Fox sports, they are dogshit.

Their streams are a horrible but funny watch though.

Nah for me America just canā€™t do football haha

Why are they both wearing their away tops :neutral_face::neutral_face:

Loftus-Cheek now itā€™s all done.

3 Likes

Lol

1-0 Belgium already. Only played 4 minutes!

2 Likes

Letā€™s be honest, the real final was France - Belgium.

I hate this lack of trust in young talented players by most teams.

Bet France are not complaining about starting 19 year old Mbappe. But I guess he starts for PSG.

2 Likes

Lol England!

Are you really comparing Mbappe with Loftus Cheek?

1 Like

Just making a general point about trusting youth.

Donā€™t see anywhere where Iā€™m saying Loftus Cheek is as good as Mbappe?!

1 Like