Youri Tielemans

One of the big caveats of Tielemans is that yes, he’ll come for max 30m, but he’ll ask for hefty wages as well.
Hopefully if we get him it won’t be for more than 150k pw.

1 Like

Completely agree with that. The fees is ok but the last thing we need is blowing money on a mega contract that makes the footballer so rich they put their feet up again.

I guess that if he comes in we’ll try and sell or loan AMN.

Arsenal finally lodging a bid for Youri Tielemans, worth 15m incl. bonuses.

2 Likes

These dude vanished until He got sub off

Def had his invisibility cloak on today but I didn’t think they posed a huge threat to us for large portions of the match.

Can we please get some sort of emoji for GabiGod please?

1 Like

One of my fave vids ever. Still dont know if its real or comedy though

Arsenal have already spent £117 million on five new signings this summer as they continue to back Mikel Arteta’s squad overhaul, but while The Athletic understands there is a mutual attraction between Arsenal and Tielemans, a move may only be made if the Gunners can make room in their squad by moving on Granit Xhaka. Currently, that doesn’t look likely as the Switzerland international seems reborn in a more advanced role.

Hope this is opinion based…

3 Likes

the word “reborn”…

come on… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it is by definition opinion-based… “that doesn’t look likely”

I think the reality is that this is one of those pieces that could haunt us… we absolutely don’t have enough depth in DLP, DM, CM - at least not that we can live with… even if you think Xhaka is good or great, then it is just him and Partey - then what?

It seems like both a good time to hedge against a Partey/Xhaka injury (and also give them some key minutes off during fixture congestion), and the chance that Xhaka has one of those wobbles where his brain turns off or he starts running around like headless chicken - having said that, one of Arteta’s really impressive accomplishments has been how to figure out how to get the best out of Xhaka (who I really never rated and really never felt had the basic ingredients for the position in a top 4 club).

The “Xhaka never gets injured” line will be tested at some point - and Partey definitely doesn’t seem like the kind of player who is going to give us 35-40 games sadly…

Maybe Youri isn’t the right guy, but sure seems like a decent enough player and fit and someone who could slot in during emergency and has some good upside and qualities… if we pass and next season land someone awesome, no complaints here as long as it didn’t come at cost of top 4.

4 Likes

Moises Caicedo might make more sense if Xhaka is going to play a more advanced role this season.

Finally happening? Or maybe United are making a move…

Seems like they are going for Casemiro, but if they want to chuck money around, they might get both… I still feel like we decided against going for him and are out of the picture for now.

Fofana asked not to play. Perhaps Tielemans has done the same. Or maybe Leicester just don’t trust him at the moment because he is unsettled.

1 Like

If we wanted him we would have done it by now. He wants to leave, Leicester wants to sell, the price is reasonable, etc.

1 Like

It’s crazy how Tielemans seems to be the answer now for a lot of us (I’m not excluding myself). At the start of the window, I doubt there were many greatly interestedin bringing in Tielemans.

At the price and age he is however, it would be silly to miss out.

Him and Casimero at United with Eriksen or Bruno is pretty balanced.

4 Likes

If we don’t get Tielemans, I think our transfer business is done, apart from possibly a couple of squad fillers.

This would be a disappointing window if we just stop here.
30m or less to get a player that could solidify our midfield and avoid injury crisis is a no brainer.

1 Like

Leicester linked with Garner too.

Not sure he’ll come here but I think it’s safe to say Tielemans will most likely not be a Leicester player for long.

Sounds like Leicester are desperate to sell.

1 Like