Youri Tielemans

Add bum ass Watford to that list.

Really?

I don’t remember this lol

When they were a decent team and had Troy Deeney talking smack about the Arse.

Jesus, Raphina and Martinez more a higher priority?

2 Likes

Interesting, not sure I feel confident in the midfield without an addition

Maybe it’s poker but he doesn’t appear to a considered an important signing at all

Sounds contingent on an offer for Xhaka coming in, shame tbh. Tielemans would take a lot of the expectation of Vieira’s shoulders this season. And some of the weight of Odegaard too tbh

1 Like

I don’t see how Raphina could be a higher priority over Tielemans.

We absolutely need to be less dependant on Partey and release the pressure off his shoulders.

So far we only signed one midfielder, who’s almost the same profile as Odegaard and does’t really infuence Partey too much.
Tielemans is no Partey, I don’t see him as a 6, but he definitely is a CM, someone who can bring some quality and ball progression from deep when Partey is out, or just out of form.

Tbf I don’t care if it’s Tielemans, we just absolutely still need a CM (again Vieira is no CM).

4 Likes

I have no idea what ‘congestion of positions’ means, there’s going to be plenty of game time this upcoming season.

1 Like

Talk about congestion… we have plenty of players that can play wide positions, but not CM

Not the best quality but ASL, Xhaka, Elneny and ESR can all play at 8

you said it :slight_smile:
by the way, ESR??? come on… .don’t make up the numbers…
Sambi probably needs a loan… leaving Xhaka, whom we want to ship out, and Elneny, only use when everyone is injured…

We don’t have quality there bar Partey, but he always get injured

2 Likes

I agree fully.

I think it’s further evidence Arteta values Xhaka very highly despite Tielemans being a better profile fit for the 8 spot

1 Like

If we do get Raphinha, I think it means Vieira is not in the rotation at RW and is exclusively seen as an option at one of the 8s. That means the vision is Odegaard, Xhaka, Vieira splitting those two positions, with ESR also playing there on occasion, maybe Sambi at times too, and perhaps a couple Patino appearances in cups.

I wouldn’t hate it if we added Tielemans into that mix as well but it would then be a pretty full set of players for two positions, especially none of the main four (Ode, Xhaka, Tielemans, Vieira) are going to want to be the Eddie Nketiah or Cedric Soares of midfield and rarely start an important match.

The dream would be Xhaka leaving and Tielemans replacing him.

4 Likes

if that is the plan, so be it.

Always

Foxes fans seem to think that Tielemans has been offered a contract extension but he’s going to long it out before he signs.

Idgaf who replaces him. Just getting him out of the squad is enough.

1 Like

Man will end up becoming a professional fortnite player if he spends anymore time at that club.

1 Like

Foxes fans? So you then