Youri Tielemans

I’ve never been a fan of his. I just don’t see him as the calibre of player that really moves us flawed.

1 Like

We’ve got ESR and Odegaard. I think we need an upgrade on Xhaka.

Isn’t that Tielemans? He’s a deep lying playmaker no? Not all out attacking

1 Like

I get that, but I feel Tielemans steps on their toes a little if he’s in our team.

2 Likes

He was my wonderboy a few years back in FM

2 Likes

Actually I believe Tielemans had Max Potential on FM2015. :grin:

1 Like

Can’t see this happening but good to see us making moves

He did I always used to sign that little bastard, first signing and everytime he turned out amazing.

1 Like

Contract running down should get the fee down, maybe closer to 30m, even accounting for possible bidding war.

1 Like

Anybody that improves the team is good for me but I’d want a more disciplined midfielder with better positioning and tactical awareness.

Watching him for Belgium at the Euros was painful at times, just seems like he doesn’t really know what his role in the team is he’s just a good player.

My main preference from Leicester would Maddison if we signed anyone

Tbf national team is being ran by this guy:

2 Likes

Yeah no doubt lol but I don’t really see much difference when he plays for Leicester. The natural talent is there but the concentration and positioning leaves a lot to be desired.

2 Likes

I like him but he hasn’t improved his all round game enough and he’s in a side regardless what people think of Rodgers were your allowed to express yourself.
He’s not a Xhaka type of replacement.

2 Likes

@SRCJJ @Stroller you’ve kind of hit the nail on the head there for me.

I believe I’ve mentioned this in the past about him, I think he is a really classy player at times but there are some red flags around his off the ball contribution.
Awareness and fitness are iffy and he can’t really put a challenge in.
He’s already already playing with some top midfielders in Maddison and Ndidi, so you kind of wonder how he’s gonna fair in ours.
I feel Ndidi specifically is key to his performances. I don’t think Partey is the type of player to do that for him.

I wouldn’t be against us getting him as I trust Arteta enough to utilize him well and perhaps improve him but he isn’t my ideal midfielder if we’re gonna invest on a midfielder in the summer.

2 Likes

Wtf? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve changed my mind I don’t want him

I’m all for russling Leicesters jimmies every transfer window but ultimately never signing any of their players to be honest.

1 Like

Watching their wanker fans get all worked up about it gives me great joy.

I never used to care about them until they start pushing the idea that we are a sidewards step to them lmao

11 Likes

Similar for me.
Maddison while a very good player wasn’t my top pick for AM but when I saw the shit Leicester fans were saying about the potential deal it quickly made me want us to get him just so they can look like mugs.
Same for Youri now.
These lot genuinely think they’re one of the big boys and even put themselves above us.

Who gassed them, they’re not even on Everton’s level, let alone us.

2 Likes