Young Talents

:crystal_ball:

:papa:

:xhaka2:

:bellend:

:wenger2:

5 Likes

If we’re trawling through the thread to highlight our previous pearls of wisdom…

2 Likes

AZ’s Boadu, the next big thing coming from the Eredivisie. Remember the name

Naci Unuvar

5 Likes

Like that Dolberg guy, no,Blink?! :crazy_face:

Seriously though, who you like more, Boadu or Malén? Was asking SDGoonrr this week but he had nothing for me! :unamused:

1 Like

At the moment I’m definitely more hyped about Malen. Can become a lethal forward if he keeps developing at this rate. Another brace tonight for him.

Ah yes, if he turns out to be good then one or two Red & White clubs will have egg on their face.

1 Like

FIVE GOALS.

What a fucking player.

Donyell Malen :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Can we get him back? haha

1 Like

funny how wenger was supposedly a great judge of young talent but has let so so many slip through the net, we either didnt sign them or the ones we had he let them leave or sold them for peanuts

1 Like

WOW… yeah, 2 were pens, but still a hat trick plus brace of pens… really turned into quite a player.

That doesn’t sound funny at all.

There’s far more to it too than it being all on Wenger as well.

It’s easy to say that this player or that player were let go but the reality is if he stayed here there’s no guarantees he’d be flourishing as he is at PSV.

Development is also dependant on environment.

4 Likes

We tried to keep him. People said similar about us ‘letting one get away’ when Afobe was ripping it up in the Championship. He looks good but this is the Eredivisie we’re talking about. I just watched those 5 goals and they were well taken but all of them had defensive/goalkeeping errors in all of the ones from open play.

Anyway some background:

The young striker said that Jonker – who has also long since left the Gunners – gave him jibes about his weight, a lesson in tact he might have learnt from [Van Gaal himself]

“I heard him say that I came in too fat,” the player recently recounted. “They had been working at Arsenal for two months when I came. Then, of course, you are not immediately at the same level. I was not fit yet, but too fat? No.”

During this period, he continued to represent his country at pretty much every level – from the Under-15s to the Under-21s – before deciding to leave the Emirates after just two years.

“That I was sent away from Arsenal is certainly not true,” he explained in an interview with De Telegraaf.

“I still had a contract for a year and Arsenal even wanted to extend that.

“I don’t play football for the money. I never did that. Otherwise I would not have left England.”

Malen reportedly turned down both Manchester United and Chelsea to leave PSV, he’s gone from strength to strength – he could even be the future of his country’s frontline.

Lol. If this were true he wouldn’t have joined Arsenal in the first place.

First half Champions League hat-trick tonight. Son of Alf Haland. Meet Erling.

2 Likes

Anything special about the Fourteen year old making his debut even for a few minutes for Bohemians @shamrockgooner.

I didn’t hear about it but fuck bohs. Wouldn’t know anything about their youth teams.

1 Like