Care to elaborate?

I treat myself as winning by making everyone else lose

You’re a monster.

1 Like

Welcome to the game.

Who’s the monster now? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A constantly nagging wife. That’s all.

Very simple answer there :wink:

Getting anything from a retailer such as Argos, screwfix, tool station et all.

They have these massive stores, have fuck all in stock and 24hr wait for click and collect. If I wanted to wait I’d buy it off amazon for much less money in the first place. The reason I don’t mind paying a small premium is because it used to be they had stock at the point you needed it.

Think I’m turning into a grumpy old cunt as I approach 40 :rofl:

4 Likes

Nah I’m with you.

I love Waterstones and shopping in Waterstones, and it used to be that I could go in and basically get any book that I wanted on demand or they could have it sent within a day from another location.

Now they only ever have the first book in a series (if I’m lucky), so if I come in to buy the second/third etc book they have to order it in from their wholesalers which takes at least a week.

Tech and new management techniques has somehow managed to make things both more and less convenient.

Edit: John Lewis and their click and collect partnership with Waitrose is genuinely amazing though. That shit is near instantaneous by todays standards.

1 Like

Argos is closing down over here. Essentially saying because they can’t compete with Amazon but this is definitely part of the reason I’d imagine. There are 2 I could drive to within 15 minutes and I’d say about half the time I’ve wanted to use them over the last 3 years neither has what I wanted in stock so I went elsewhere.

Wil miss them when they’re gone tho

2 Likes

Yeah they seem to be moving them all into sainsbury’s this way, we had a massive Argos store across from a big sainsbury’s at our local retail park, now it’s incorporated into the sainsbury’s and you can’t get fuck all in there as they don’t hold the stock anymore.

It defeats the object of their purpose for me.

I kind of get it but also, fuck you for inconveniencing me :joy:

2 Likes

I think it’s funny that Amazon have started opening retail stores now lol

1 Like

Have they really? :joy::joy:

Had to order what I wanted online from Amazon, £20 cheaper and get it tomorrow instead of Tuesday that everyone else was offering up. THAT Argos, is where you’re going wrong.

A YouTube clip with Sean Locke just came up and it reminded me that he passed away.

Fucking shit.

I had tickets to see him in Cardiff and it got cancelled, probably about a year before he passed, was gutted it got cancelled, never knew why, also a lesson in don’t be so quick to judge as you never know what personal shit people are fighting.

1 Like

ParcelForce
Lying bastards .
Saying they had delivered a parcels and no-one was in and they left a delivery card .
Did they fuck . No signs of any missed delivery or a delivery card.
And yet they are crying because they think they deserve more money. We’ll earn it then .

Everything these days is fucking smaller, I’m sure I’m not the only miserable cunt that’s moaned about this the last 50 years :rofl:

Popped to the shop to grab milk, fancied an icecream as its quite nice outside, picked up a magnum of some form…a full size magnum is now what a magnum mini used to be, robbing bastards.

5 Likes