You know what really grinds my gears?

Shrinkflation. The horribly mis-named KitKat Chunky.

iPhone autocorrect always changing ‘were’ to ‘we’re’.

Fuckin amount of times I have to edit because of that shit.

2 Likes

Anyone in a football crowd that spends their time turned around and throwing their arms around as though conducting or leading the crowd in chants.

Get right in the sea.

1 Like

I’ve seen people do that in a pub when England are playing. :grinning:

It’s really annoying, especially when you know it’s the only time they show any interested in football.

1 Like

Cyclists going through red lights

Who the fuck do they think they are!!

2 Likes

Plenty of cars do too.

1 Like

@Jesseviolin why are there no toilet seats on any of the toilets in and around Naples??

Fucking weird

1 Like

That’s not just specific to Naples, quite common in other places in Italy too. Wasn’t sure if it’s a hygiene thing or if they just break and no one there cares enough to replace them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The ones I hated were those ridged ceramic plates on the floor with the hole in the middle. Are they still about on the Continent?

Lol most public places in Italy and France hardly ever use toilet seats. Everyone reckons you need to have a shit at home.
Are you in Naples at the moment?

Amalfi coast for a family wedding. Last time I was here was 2017 and we stayed in Sorrento, this time we’re staying in a tiny town called Maori.

I’ve already made good with all the locals by saying Forza Napoli at every opportunity haha

Got to go to Pompeii again today, that place will never cease to amaze me.

Weather has been stunning too, 26 degrees all day.

1 Like

Happy that you’re having a fantastic time, I hope you enjoying the hospitality of all the friendly locals and avoiding all the racists.

I’m off there next week for the last game of the season and to enjoy the biggest party Naples has seen in while.

5 Likes

:joy:

You know when I’m posting in the la liga thread I’m laughing all along because I never thought I’d get involved in a pointless Internet spat.

Yeah they do, and if there are red light cameras or coppers in the vicinity, they get a PCN and have to pay a fine.

Cyclists get a free pass at skipping lights and going on pavements to avoid having to wait anywhere. And most of them don’t even wear helmets.

The short walk from Liverpool Street station to the office at commute time is a fucking tornado of cyclist cunts who care not one fucking jot for a red light. Crossing the road around there is a fucking health hazard even when the green man for pedestrians is lit.

Bastard cyclists. Yeah it’s environmentally friendly, yeah I’m all for it but a disproportionate number of them think they don’t have to abide by the rules of the road, or consider the safety of others.

1 Like

Same for when you’re posting about it in this thread and also in the General News thread?

It’s fine to be bothered mate, no need to pretend you’re chuckling away while making these posts lol.

1 Like

Why do think you need to say I’m pretending not to be bothered? Being on OA is one of my favourite wastes of time, it’s not serious I’m outside listening to a bit of music or having a beer and if someone is nearby I translate for them what’s going on and have a laugh
Like I’ve said before OA is a bit of fun, I’d like to think my own life is a bit more interesting.
It’s not a good idea to judge someone when you don’t know them my friend.

3 Likes

All the local racists have embraced me wholeheartedly with my Aryan Danish looks and random outbursts of “Laudrup!! Elkjær!! Laudrup!! Lego!! Forza Napoli!” and I haven’t had to worry about having bananas thrown at me

3 Likes

Fucking EVERYWHERE

1 Like

Head and Shoulders?

I didn’t know you had dandruff!

I dont.

1 Like