You know what really grinds my gears?

It sounds ridiculous but the pressure these guys can be under is mental. Some get hundreds of deliveries a day and no allowance for traffic, accidents, even taking a piss.

I hardly ever get anything delivered to be honest, if I really want something I can get it when I am out.

Difference is, you answered without a top.

Yeah, why do you think he was so keen to come back? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So what would happen if I answered without a top too? Would it turn into Brokeback Mountain 2 up in here?

nah, people will just say you have bitch tits

I do have a large chest and shoulders tbf.

So does Phoebs

but if you call her a bitch she will beat you death with a brick

2 Likes

I worked for Amazon and then DPD during lockdown to keep busy and fuck me never again. I’m no stranger to grafting in work but I don’t think I’ve ever worked so hard for such a little amount of money.

Amazon I’d easily get lumped with upto 400 parcels a day and would be out a solid 12 hours.
DPD, would be upto 150 but you have between 1-3 minute intervals that overlap to deliver each customers parcel which is why with dpd you get an hour slot.
If you take long than the selected time (the 1-3 mins) you have a bar that goes from green to Amber and then red, if the bar on each individual delivery gets anywhere near red the office start to ring you via the device. If you arrive early at the destination you have to wait until the timer has counted down for the customers delivery slot as it will not unlock and let you scan the parcel to deliver it, so sometimes you can be sat outside the person’s house but can’t deliver the parcel because its not yet within the allocated time slot.
I had days when all my fucking bars would go into red, nothing has ever caused me more anxiety than this and I’ve been a chef for 23+years.
Horrendous job and conditions for essentially £90 A day + VAT because also, you’re self employed.

18 Likes

I always assumed that delivery driving was a job that was pretty solid before automation completely bastardised it into some kind of dystopian nightmare. Fuck me though, I was getting second hand anxiety just reading that stuff about the red metres.

Felt like something out of The Hurt Locker.

I’m sure that doesn’t terrify pensioners up and down the land at all. Fuck sake

There’s me thinking the driver is sitting outside winding my dogs up

Reminds me of that film ‘Sorry we missed you’

Flies, the persistent little cunts mock me.

1 Like

I worked in transport and logistics for years
He could have let you have the parcel and asked you to sign a manual delivery note
They could have corrected the machine and refused status of the delivery back at the office

1 Like

This has probably been a thing on the app for ages and everyone is just used to it but I only ever use twitter on the browser. this new feature where videos don’t just play in the tweet and instead open up into their own screen is really quite annoying

When you forget to lift the handbrake and you find your car in a New interesting spot than where you parked it.

2 Likes

People not wearing socks in shoes or trainers or any type of footwear .
It’s just not right . As for the farty little trainer socks ! What are they about !

1 Like

Why would you want to wear long socks in the summer lol

1 Like

Gotta wear long socks rolled down .
Small socks are just wrong !
I can’t wear a short sleeved shirt but I can wear a long sleeved shirt with sleeves rolled up😄
Somethings not right :nerd_face:

1 Like