You know what really grinds my gears?

Had to do 250 quid on an emergency plumber last night. There was a leak in my bathroom, dripping pretty heavily into my downstairs neighbour’s kitchen. The drip went from the ceiling and fell directly into her sink, so personally I couldn’t really see what the issue was, but for some reason she felt this was a pressing issue :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh and this morning I woke up to do some work (let’s just call it unpaid over time, let’s be honest) and for approaching an hour now I’ve been battling with our shitty IT. All I need to open is one PDF with applications, and my Excel scoring sheet, yet even on a Sunday morning this is apparently a big ask for our infrastructure, even though presumably no other cunt is silly enough to be working now.

Honestly, I think I try pretty hard to be a happy go lucky person, but it genuinely feels like dark forces are conspiring to undermine my happiness half the time. Which I’m sure in turn says something about my flawed psyche :joy:

6 Likes

Places that charge to use your card or you have to pay a minimum amount to pay on card. Just let me use my card!!!

8 Likes

Website that don’t get updated and you plan your day round.

To be fair @Bl1nk was very busy today :grin:

4 Likes

Bamboo.

My garden is full of it and it’s pretty damn impossible to get rid off. Their roots keep blocking my drains which I’ve had to get jetted and now it’s even spreading and growing in between the patio tiles ffs.

1 Like

Sounds like ‘Day of The Triffids’.

2 Likes

Amazon Answers
How thick are some people ?
I purchased a frying pan lid …….
Nothing exciting until the public start asking questions.
‘ I have a 10 inch frying pan , will the 12inch lid fit ‘
‘Has the lid got matching writing etched onto the glass’
‘Does the lid get hot when cooking ‘
‘Can the lid be washed’

Hells fucking bells

5 Likes

Literally 75% of my friends from uni and 6th form are either pregnant, imminently due or have an infant/toddler.

Shit is seriously starting to stress me out. I’m just so far off being ready for kids I literally can’t even begin to understand where they’re coming in regards to having kids, but at the same time it makes me feel like I’m immature or getting behind even though I couldn’t imagine anything worse than being a dad at this point in my life lol

All this chat about falling birth rates in the West is nonsense going by my friends :joy:

5 Likes

I’m the opposite I have a kid and none of my mates have one and they’re all stressing about leaving it too late or not being ready, I don’t really see a reason to stress about that sort of thing. My only concern personally was being an old parent. But alot of people don’t really care about that.

Everyone’s different and everyone is at a different stage of life.

1 Like

My parents were 36 and 41 when they had me and they were wonderful parents so that has never really worried me.

For me it’s a lot more important that I’m in the right place career-wise and financially before I have a child (if I ever do).

1 Like

:santi: big oof

But all jokes aside, some people don’t want to have kids! At least the office I work in, a lot of people don’t have kids. They’re more about “The Job”, career advancement and freedom. One of my supervisors takes three weeks off every year to go hiking somewhere in South America or Asia. Can’t do that with kids!

Most of my friends don’t have kids and have been vocal about not wanting kids. My few friends who do only have one. It’s insanely expensive to raise a child in America, there’s zero social safety net and without help from my parents and Mere’s parents we’d be in deep shit. Daycare costs more than a monthly rent/mortgage payment.

That being said, I knew all of that going into becoming a parent and still wanted to do it. It’s a deeply personal decision. Part of it was informed by seeing my parents have my sister in their late 30s and being absolutely exhausted all the time. I did not want to wait that long to be a dad. 41 ain’t 31.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you imagine nothing worse than being a dad at your age there is nothing to stress about. Wait until that changes. Because they change your mind and your heart so much its mental, I used to just love time to relax or the freedom to do stuff by myself. Now I miss the little fucker when I’m at work and can’t wait to go get a football or a water pistol haha.

2 Likes

Haha yeah sorry I didn’t mean it like that!!

I just meant that I’m just not in a place in my life where I’d be able to have a child and raise it the way I want to.

But yeah it’s a moot question, as I still don’t know whether I’ll ever want kids. I’m not broody at all and just don’t have much of a paternal instinct.

2 Likes

Bro don’t ever worry about it, when the time comes you will know. A point will come where you will be like i done all the travelling I want to do, been out to the point you won’t care about going out and you feel it’s time to have kids. That might be in 6 months could be in 10 years. Kids take over your life and everything becomes about them granted you could be one of those parents who lets the kids get on with it but if you want your kids to do well and be rounded then it’s really really hard work. Will test your relationship with your wife/gf as well. Not trying to be preachy but trust me bro you will know your self when your ready, fuck what anyone else doing.

4 Likes

I knew by the time I was mid 20’s I didn’t want kids. It’s also a bit moot unless I want to go down a complicated legal route anyway but I can’t even commit to hiring an architect to get the ball rolling on an extension so I can’t see how I’d manage something so immediate and consuming. I’ve a couple of mates like me who don’t want them too.

3 Likes

Yeah don’t fall for all the social media posts of parents and kids.
They are great but as @BizzySignal says it tests you in all different ways good and bad.
It does put restrictions on too but if your ready that comes easier.
The only advice I’d give anyone don’t just go along with it because it’s a game changer. It’s a good one but very different one.
Could be a better one for you, but without being alarmist you won’t be the way you were before. Don’t over think it just don’t rush the decision.

4 Likes

@BizzySignal and @Stroller are totally right. You got to do whatever you think is best for you. Kids will totally upend your life in a good way but also in a bad way.

I wouldn’t stress about it. I also think the “parenting” instinct thing is overblown. Nobody knows what they’re doing at first. I still don’t know what I’m doing.

3 Likes

Yeah some of my friends are getting married and expecting kids. I’m just so far removed from all that, even in 10 years time I’d be surprised if that’s me.

Best ignoring it and just doing your own thing. If they are happy being parents then just enjoy that but don’t feel that you have to be at the same stage :grin:

3 Likes

Going on social media around Father’s Day.

Congratulations on having a father, having once had a father, or possibly being a father yourself, nobody gives a shit.

Even worse, those twat mums who do a post pretending to be from their baby about how their partner is a great dad.

Give your dad a call, send him a card, take him for a few pints. Whatever. It just doesn’t have to be a performance for everyone else’s “benefit”.

Also, the odds of you, specifically, having the greatest dad in the world are astronomical, we’re not buying it.

6 Likes