Yannick Ferreira Carrasco (and a load of other irrelevant shite)

We do have money.

He’s not worth 30m. Wouldn’t have mindet taking a punt on him for 15-20m but that’s it.

If taken literally? Then yes we do. All £40m of it.

*yawn

Stan%20Kroenke%20tMjv6saJwqWm

We do have money and this parasite has more money than he knows what to do with.
He loves accumulating it, but hates spending it.
He is going to stand by and watch, as we drift towards mid table and, as long as he is making money, will do absolutely nothing about it.

He doesn’t care about the club or the supporters and he isn’t fit to be associated with us, let alone own the club.

We have the worst squad I’ve seen at the club and certainly the worst group of players of any of the top six sides.
It’s not much better than any top half PL side.

We need at least four or five top quality players just to get us back challenging for the PL and yet this parasite has allocated around 40m to rebuild this mess.
What’s that going to get?
That is an insult to supporters that pay some of the highest prices in Europe to watch a team which is marginally better than Leicester, Everton, West Ham and Wolves.

If he cares about the club he would sell out to an investor that will actually invest.
But he won’t because he knows he can make even more money out of us, with little to no investment.

He should clear off and stick to what he knows best.
Running a TV channel devoted to watching rich American tourists hunting elephants.

2 Likes

will people shut up about fucking kroenke ffs. We are operating the same fucking way we always have the reason we are in position is because the last regime fucked the wage structure and everything else. There is no fucking way they are gonna change how the club is run why would they it always has used the self sustaining model and that is not gonna change that is how it was bought and why the fuck would he pile money into something that cant spend the fortune that it is making correctly in eons…he takes no money out of the club either.

We have to put stuff right and get back into the CL and get the shit off the books and that will take time. I think we have secured Alexis Claude Maurice and that might be the reason why we havent got Carassco because we dont need both and we will be spending on other positions…get a fucking grip FFS!!

7 Likes

Yeah, this obsession with blaming Kroenke for all of our problems is very disproportionate.

3 Likes

He’s ultimately responsible. He hired or gave authority to hire the people that have been poor at either managing the team, recruiting players for the team and handling contracts like the 3 stooges are running the show. His silence is treated like apathy.

Doesn’t help when his various American franchises have been quite poor—save the Rams last season. Teams under his ownership have not won titles nor have they been amongst the league’s best.

Arsenal is another piece of a portfolio for him. He’s not in it to win the league. If that happens, great, but it certainly isn’t a priority.

1 Like

Denver Nuggets had a decent season too, but that could well be because of Josh Kroenke influence. Other than that I think the points raised are legitimate.

This really grinds my gears, I despise cross sports comparisons.

There’s so many variables and different factors involved across european soccer, NFL, NHL, MLS and NBA comparision is basically stupid especially considering his hands off style. There’s really no correlation.

1 Like

I read somewhere we’re something like 3rd on net spend in the last 5 seasons. That suggests to me enough is being spent to do better than we are, just not properly.

People are dreaming if they think an owner is going to takeover and just fix that. The best they’ll do is hire a good CEO, but even then, expecting an owner to come in and get that right first isn’t exactly realistic either.

We don’t even know if we have bad management yet. This is the first summer of the Vinny/Raul era, so I’m not sure why people are so miserable about everything before anything’s even happened.

I doubt Kronke has just all of a sudden slashed our budgets in 2019, and I doubt Raul is here just to get pats on the head for saving money.

5 Likes

Cross sport comparisons aren’t the best. The point being made is that Kroenke has found little success with any team that he owns.

I realize that he has a hands off style, but given the returns on the field of play, it suggests that he hasn’t identified top executives to hire to run things properly.

For the resources that are there, Arsenal have been poorly run for a while. Is Raul the man to clean up the mess? Haven’t seen much from him and this is a big summer for the club. Crickets thus far. You’d hope that the club would finally learn that getting signings done prior to the season and preferably for the new players to have a proper preseason is much better than trying to save a few million. Long way to go in the summer, but Raul is pretty underwhelming thus far.

1 Like

Five or six players have gotten an extension when it was already announced Wenger was leaving from the top of my head. The new regime had all the chances to shed wages from the get go (selling Welbeck, Ramsey f.e.). Stop to divert stuff. I can get along with the fact that they deserve another year before we call for their heads, but one year into the new era it has been shit on all grounds. That’s just fact.

that is not a fact really at all, who are said players? They stopped Ramsey getting a big contract Xhaka was already sorted who are these said players that got a big contract from raul and vinai?

Chambers, Holding, Iwobi, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles and supposedly Monreal all got extensions. They didn’t need to do that and that obviously adds to the wage bill. They also chose to keep Welbeck and Ramsey for another, last year.

Stop acting like anything good has happened this first season. It simply isn’t the case. Maybe that Adidas got involved with Arsenal lol.

and? Those are all players that can be moved on for profit they came from our academy or are expendable but if they didnt get extensions they would go for nothing then people will bitch about that too.

Xhaka wasn’t sorted by Raul, and even if he was that is 1 player and 1 player that rightly or wrongly Emery wanted to work with, but can also later on be sold if we want to so what is the big deal Xhaka isnt on huge wages either i think he is on less than 100k

Xhaka also is a player we are using, sure he isnt a hit but he has some worth as a sell on later and he isnt on damaging wages, the problem lies in players like fucking jenkinson, Welbeck etc all on 50, 60, 75, 90k a week that dont fucking play and leech off the club and do fuck all.

Isn’t it a fact that Arsenal had the opportunity the reduce the wage bill but the moves they made were a bit contradictory to that and that’s not really on Wenger?

Raul literally only started work just after the last summers transfers period you cant expect him to have everything rounded up and done in the few seconds he was there. Yes there are some dross that we still need to rid ourselves of but extensions to AMN, Iwobi and Holding is good business i think as AMN etc can hold a squad place.

Raul said if they dont renew they will get sold so he went about it early, you cant sell all of our fucking squad not straight away anyway we still need squad players. Same can be said for Monreal, we have a ot of places to fill he may have been given an extension but if so it is for 1 year and that is because even though he isnt the best he isnt the worst either and we cannot sort all our problem areas in 1 fucking summer so there will have to be decisions to be made, as i say this shit is gonna take time to sort out, whether that means signing up squaddies to longer contracts and eventually swapping them out for better options but having them on contracts so we can get some fucking money for them for a damn change!

If the wage bill is genuinely in such a penibel state the first thing you do is cut all the low-hanging fruit I imagine. Not offer extensions. Stop blaming it on Wenger. These are experienced men who have been in the game for a long time and there is no reason not to hold them accountable. Even for a short time span.

1 Like

and then what do you do with the squad, let them all go for nothing? They did it so we can get some money for them in all likelihood the whole fucking squad and this shithousery isnt gonna be fixed in 1 cunting season do you not get that? What if you let every single contract run down because a lot of our squad is dross…how do you replace them all all and with fucking what. YOu let a player out the door you best have a fucking plan in order to get them replaced and hopefully get something for them to get gone and help buy the replacement.

Its like no matter is done people fucking moan. Tey moan that cunts like Ramsey and Alexis run down their contracts and they went for nothing, so the new people set in place a system to stop that from happening…then it is ‘you are giving shit players new contracts’

So what the fuck do you want. Complain when they go for nothing, stop that from happening fucking complain…you have to understand this squad cannot be fucking changed in a season so you have to get these twats to renew so eventually when it comes round to getting rid of them we can actually sell the bastards!