Wrestling

It was one of two main championships and he won it on the last night of WCW where Vince was in charge?

There has always been black performers towards the top of the roster in WWE and I think it’s a kind of ridiculous thing to throw out there. In terms of who the champion is let’s remember we are talking about scripted television here.

I remember Mark Henry held some belt too at some stage too.

Ahmed Johnson would probably have been champion if he wasn’t shit.

The Rock not classed as black?

Yeah people conveniently overlooking The Rock who’s father was a great black wrestler.

1 Like

He never did, only the WCW/World Champion, in which when he lost the title to Rock, he dropped to mid-card for years, Triple H is the notorious match. But let’s keep in mind he lost to a bum named JBL (who was carried by eddie guerrero) twice.

Mark Henry despite being there since 1996 didn’t get a title until 2008. Hard to say he was believed in.

1 Like

Is Kofi Kingston the first black WWE champion? - Quora

1 Like

I personally do, most of the wrestling fanbase doesn’t though.

I mean this is his dad.

1 Like

This is pretty cool. Also the buildup to Rock vs Cena started 10 years ago :exploding_head:

1 Like

Anybody watched Mania? Has to be the most anonymous one yet. And they had crowds too.
Not much fuss made about it on Twitter. Most of my friends who keep up with wrestling almost forgot that it was happening. :grimacing:

1 Like

I watched about 15 mins of it on the Network and remembered why I don’t watch it anymore. It’s almost as bad as AEW but not quite that bad.

What a failure AEW have become btw. Awful booking from their over excitable owner Tony Khan. Just totally awful wrestling, over saturated, spot monkeys.

I miss the days of hard hitting, brawling, technical mat wrestling and guys with proper ring psychology.

Could watch Bret Hart wrestle anytime and that shit looked so good. Can’t take any of these guys too seriously they look like idiots. Everyone kicks out from everyone’s finisher, upper card guys go life and death with jobbers, moves like superkick and DDT have gone from being finishing moves to moves used 20 times a match.

1 Like

Lucha Underground >>>

I’ll watch it tomorrow. Don’t even know what the main event is lol

Rock v Austin I think.
Or that could have been the one for Day 1, not sure.

1 Like

Speaking of AEW, did you see the promo Jericho cut on last week’s Dynamite? Remiscent of Y2J attitude era. Gave me chills.

1 Like

I haven’t, is this the one?

1 Like

Yep. F’ckin mad.

1 Like

I’ll have a look.

My favourite Goldberg and DDP match in my favourite PPV set.

1 Like

Was this the same card that had Warrior vs Hogan 2?

Aside from having the worst match I’ve ever seen in my life on this card - DDP should have gone over Goldberg. He was so over at the time and the streak should have ended there if you ask me.

1 Like