Worst Arsenal Team of the Decade

I still can’t believe, Santos was Brazilian International at one time.

Santos wasn’t as bad as you guys seem to remember.

Probably because he did not have any good moment for us to remember?

1 Like

I remember his goal vs Chelsea

1 Like

I’d have Liechtensteiner in this side over Jenks all day

Plenty of players in the list have sporadic apprances like Traore or Park played only 5-6 times for us if I am not wrong.

What would be the revised team for everyone if the player has to have minimum 20 appearances for Arsenal?

Congratulations then.

Pretty much right on Park (7 appearances), but Traore had 32 in total.

Agree that it is kind of more interesting if you don’t put in people with fewer than ten appearances or something like that.

4 Likes

Well I’m not certain on what judgment we’re using here (value for money is easier and in that case of course I’d have Xhaka and Mustafi in there).

If it’s how good at football they are overall? Lichtsteiner played 250 games for Juventus, Jenko’s a jobbing Championship player that did alright at Charlton

I’d be going on what they did in an Arsenal shirt alone, so the games for Juventus don’t come into it. I remember a period where Jenkinson looked like a fairly capable, young deputy to Sagna. It didn’t last that long, but I don’t remember Lichtsteiner ever even reaching those dizzying heights.

But that’s just the imagined criteria in my head, you can judge it a different way and obviously you’re right that you’d have to say Lichtsteiner is evidently the better footballer

Jenkinson’s performance away to Bayern in March 2013. Two months before they became Champions of Europe

Give the corporal some fucking respect!

1 Like

Fucking hell!!!

And he went on loan to Juventus. What the fuck?!