Willian

Not “we”, just Arteta

2 Likes

Arteta should be forced to pay Willian out of his own pocket.

8 Likes

Cute in the market dicking us here I take it.

Yeah I just don’t see what sort of club will pay him anywhere near what we do unless he’s willing to move to China or the middle east ?

Not to be that guy, but it’s The Sun.
There is still hope. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He can’t go to Miami (or anywhere in MLS) with those kind of wage demands.

Assuming Miami is the only team he’d even agree to sign for, it might even require Miami to pay another team for the right to sign Willian depending on the “discovery claim” process. If it sounds ridiculous and complicated it’s because MLS designed it to be that way in order to maintain its single entity structure and force parity (or mediocrity) on the league. Add on top of that the fact Miami has like zero space in their budget because they were just caught cheating the cap rules, and I mean like blatantly cheating not like the soft cheating that goes on in MLS (ie: give a European or S. American player’s partner a no-show job at the club to hide extra salary from the cap).

TL; DR : Willian is staying here. We’ll have to pay to terminate his contract next summer. We all knew it was an awful move when it happened and it shows just how diabolical Arteta’s judgment is.

2 Likes

If the club are serious about getting rid of him, they should offer to pay the difference cause that will still be cheaper than keeping him here and paying his entire salary.

Having said that, Arteta most likely wants him to stay and it’s Willian that wants out cause that’s just how we roll at this club.

2 Likes

Looks like he’s carrying some Corona weight

1 Like

He always had a big gut but it was very visible today. Definitely looked like he gained a couple of pounds.

Is he actually taking the piss out of us now? Spending his obscene wages on fucking Domino’s pizza!

4 Likes

Have some respect, it’s actually those gold steaks at Nusr-et

4 Likes
7 Likes

FFS :joy:

1 Like

Holy shit he’s put on more weight than I did the last two months :joy:

1 Like

Seriously though, what the fuck. We could call his season here an anomaly and hope someone has a DVD of his Chelsea days, but being overweight is surely a huge red flag for any team potentially looking to sign him up on £100k+ a week.

4 Likes

Happy for him, wonder when it’s due

7 Likes

South Americans really stop giving a fuck after 28, don’t they?

2 Likes

Look I’m not going to bodyshame the guy but this is a pretty bad sign. He’s obviously going to get back into better shape than all of us are in (except maybe @SRCJJ ).

I just hope the club find a way to move him on. It’s clear that this was a mistake by all parties, although somewhat less so by the guy cashing the checks.