Willian

6 Likes

Sounds like heā€™s leaving :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He can only leave if another club will pay his wages.
The problem is, what other club that can afford his wages would want him?

Just like Arteta, no other sensible club would want either of them.

4 Likes

Relax, heā€™s only leaving for his summer vacation. Heā€™ll be back to stink up the place next season.

Is he sure he is leaving? It seems Fabrizio is in doubt.

2 Likes

Catastrophic signing that has made me doubt Artetaā€™s ability in identifying targets :santi:

3 Likes

Reckon it was more Edu/Raul than Mikel

3 Likes

Arteta sounded really happy about getting him and stuck with him for ages

3 Likes

Reckon this is where having Edu and relationships with Kia work. Theyā€™ll find a good deal where Willian moves somewhere where he wants and gets paid well enough while also ensuring that this deal doesnā€™t look bad on Edu(Arsenal paying him out of his contract).
Same for Cedric if he is to leave too.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going to place any faith in these reports. Heā€™s on big money and heā€™ll have to accept some kind of wage reduction. Or we will have to pay the cunt off so he can then fuck off.

Iā€™m positive that we will be the ones looking like clowns if he does leave. Canā€™t imagine a scenario where we get an actual transfer fee out of somebody.

2 Likes

Took all of one season for this signing to age like a back of the fridge blue cheese

2 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone, even his detractors called him being quite this bad in his first year. Heā€™s given us less than Joel Campbell ffs.

I still maintain it wasnā€™t a terrible idea though. He came off the back of an okay season with no signs that this shit was about to happen. With the way itā€™s gone it would be very prudent to move him on and take it on the chin. Even as a squad player he offers nothing.

Fair play to him also if he wants to move on of its not going well. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll make sure he gets his money but if he goes it would show at least that he wanted to leave and not just retire and live that London life for a couple of years.

4 Likes

Hope Jose wants him :grin:

Joel Campbell was a baller when Wenger gave him a chance, destroyed the lad afterwards.
Blood in his hands.

2 Likes

Such a weird sequence of events right?
Joel Campbell did everything right(one of our better players infact) during the spell Wenger was forced to play him but then promptly fucks him off the next season.
In the end Wenger was justified as JC now plays for a Mexican club when he should be at peak of his career.

Nah I wouldnā€™t say he was justified. If heā€™d sold him at his peak fair enough but not the way it all happened.

1 Like

Yeah. Maybe there was something we didnā€™t know behind the scenes or all those loans ruined his confidence.
Pretty sad for him actually. I remember watching him at the Copa America where he broke through, I think he was 18 at the time and I wished Arsenal would sign a player like him, and shortly after we actually did. :sweat_smile:
Had a great spell at Olympiacos and the WC and things started looking bright for him but it just went all downhill after thatā€¦

1 Like

Justified in terms of Joelā€™s ability to sustain a top level career.

Scored a worldy against United to knock them out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcwmXJYbDU

There was certainly talent & application there to have a career at Real Betis or Olympiacos level club. Should have insisted on leaving Arsenal in hindsight.

Donā€™t know what happened. Maybe you are right, being out on loan & never settling took itā€™s toll on him mentally.

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite a specific metric and the ā€˜get out while you still can Joelā€™ guy aside Iā€™m not sure many expected him to achieve that. I think the criticism was that after he showed he had something about him for half a season we basically never saw him again. We should have sold him that summer when his stock was high. He may have had a better career too had we sold him then.

2 Likes

Yup definite mismanagement of an asset who could have fetched 10-15m on basis of that showihn.

1 Like