Willian

I think it was a very agreeable relationship while he was here as we also wanted him to leave after 3 months.

6 Likes

It’s not about money, it’s about being happy with where you are.

But I still turned down a two year contract offer from the club I was happy at.

2 Likes

It’s funny that he said he wanted to stay at Chelsea but they wouldn’t give him a long enough contract.

Then he came here because his family wanted to stay in London and was getting a bigger contract with us.

So how bad was it under Arteta that, after only a few games, he decided he’d had enough and wants to go back to Brazil, which isn’t in London as well as earning less money.

1 Like

This little punks time here peaked with his debut and was so happy to see the back of him when he left. Another Kia special. Bet he made a small fortune off the back of willians Arsenal deal, release and then return to Brazil.

3 Likes

It make$ total $en$e.

I always viewed him as an absolute professional with a decent floor level and I expected him to come here and be a reliable useful 3/5 squad player, not a superhero nor a passenger. I think in the end Kia tricked us into paying as much as we did, and I think that when he came here from a pretty well functioning club with ambitions and recent success and world class players and saw what an infant stage our project was in with a manager about the same age as him he just couldn’t be arsed.

We’ve seen the same thing with several players in recent years here, it’s more than a coincidence to me. Remember, he looked like shit a lot but so did every other player pretty much. It’s difficult to be too sure the player is garbage when the whole team is functioning like garbage.

But also what @InvincibleDB10 said. I choose to believe it’s a little bit of both.

1 Like

My lord, how? Do these people not review these tweets before sending them out? :rofl:

wat.

He forgot to @ Anton Ferdinand probably

1 Like
3 Likes

What am I missing?

Funny, not having seen this thread for a long while I thought what the fuck now. It’s like the spectre that haunts for ever.

1 Like

I think it’s John Terry being you know John Terry :thinking:

1 Like

Oooof.

Black player depicted as a monkey, John Terry tweeting it, with his history lol

You think this was on purpose?

I guess if Willian wants a pic of himself as a monkey and Terry tweets it as the spokesperson for whoever is behind the “enterprise” I don’t really see the issue. He can’t be the first black player to sign up I’m sure. Not that I’m about to go looking. :slight_smile:

I’m not calling John Terry a racist, I’m just explaining what people are talking about/laughing at because you asked what you were missing.

Actually, scratch that. I am calling John Terry a racist, just not cos of this.

4 Likes

Haha.

Nah I got the response and just to be clear I was in no way implying Terry is not a racist, just not on this occasion. :grin:

1 Like