William Saliba (case closed)

Seems we’re good at this part, just not the buying the players from their club part.

3 Likes

I always thought you couldn’t make contact with the player until you’d agreed a fee with the club, and that was why Southampton originally reported Liverpool for tapping up Van Dijk.
So I never understand how it says a player’s agreed terms with a club but a fee yet to be decided.

Would somebody please enlighten me? :sweat_smile:

I don’t understand how we could agree to loan him back unless we’re loaning somebody ourselves. Year loan for Umtiti/Boateng? Possibly with option (but not obligation) to buy clause? Or sign Cahill as a free agent.

1 Like

Or keeping the exact same defence as this season :mustafi:

And Rob Holding will be fit. Like a new signing.

This adds more shame to our reported 40m budget that our club purposely put out so clubs don’t play hard ball with us.

Personally I’m looking forward to a Chambers and Holding CB duo.

Lol - the deal with the club is always the biggest stumbling block for us. Personal terms with a 19 year old was never the hard part.

I imagine we’re at the stage where Vinai and Raul are debating whether we offer £15m over 72 monthly installments, or maybe £10m now, and a further £10m depending on whether there is a hard Brexit.

5 Likes

Although this is probably true , it wasn’t that long ago that we used to write off our season a few games in, after being unprepared after a useless transfer window.
No we’re writing off our season before it’s even started.

1 Like
1 Like

lol I love these… haha… it is such creative wording…

4 pack of Corona and tube of Green Pringles

Oddly specific. I reckon that’s your standard purchase when you’re going round to yer pal’s gaff for pre drinks

6 Likes

Nah red Pringles for me but apparently that’s a dodgy choice as no one likes red :eyes:

1 Like

Got to be blue surely?!

the brown ones

Ketchup flavoured Pringles :call_me_hand:t2:

:gabriel:

8 Likes

Ketchup flavoured crisps I’ll never understand lol

1 Like

Pringles are extremely low quality and mainly for peasants. But if i had to choose it would be the green one.

1 Like

Haha, excuse you, your lordship!!

What’s with all the Pringles FFS!

Just come home from work and see a load of updates on Saliba, hoping for some good news and all the chat is about crisps…

…and ketchup favoured crisps…WFT! That’s just plain wrong!

3 Likes