William Saliba (case closed)

Mate seriously, how do morons like that fail upwards?

He’s a boyhood city fan. If somebody told me he used his arsenal position to help City get to the top in some outlandish, conspiracy, I would not be surprised.

And that would reflect better on him as well, make him out to be competent, which he absolutely is not.

1 Like

Yep been trying to clarify this endlessly - we actually pay a lot and spend a lot… we just suck at contract management and buying and selling overall, or at least we have for the last 5+ years… could argue our business last summer was not horrible.

2 Likes

Spurs can fuck off…the deal must have gone too far towards completion, surely!

Shall we all have a whip-round just in case?!?!?!?

14 Likes

If spurs beat us to a transfer then we should just pack this football thing in.

1 Like

Indeed.

Last summer was the best summer in years. I said it a few months ago but to spend £55m and acquire Torriera, Leno and Guendouzi who have been indisputable successes. Sokratis decent too…

I know Sven Mislintat isn’t a God but we were done with our signings this time last year. We had a plan and it was executed with aplomb. This years transfer window ain’t looking too rosy in comparison.

2 Likes

You’re kidding aren’t you? Those 3 idiots are the reason we’ve got a shit squad and no money.

15 Likes

By no money do you in fact mean £250 million?

You know, I worked in the newspaper business for decades and always had the feeling that they took the most incompetent people who couldn’t do anything else but were good at talking and schmoozing and made them publishers. Maybe Arsenal has been like that.

1 Like

Remember Willian.

The shit from Spurs,
They bought his flight,
But Will-i-an,
He saw the light,
He got the call from Abramovic,
And off he went to Stamford Bridge,

1 Like

Yes, but surely Arsenal have to get this over the line FFS…I get that it takes time to complete a deal but other clubs don’t fuck around as much as we do…

2 Likes

maybe you should write a poetry book

Can’t we offer that twat Koseilny on loan and take him immediately please

3 Likes

The cunt wouldn’t agree to anything other than a permanent 3 year deal at this point, but in theory it isn’t a terrible idea

Netspend is the reason we’re broke as fuck? What was the point of moving to the emirates again if we still broke?

I just posted the below in a transfers thread but this is relevant to what people are saying on net spend in this thread.

There is a great deal of misinformation being given on here.

For example the net spend brigade who defend Kroenke and put all the problems on Gazidis and Wenger and excuse the Board and owners often compare us with Liverpool saying we have spent more in the last 7 years than Liverpool.

Anyone can disprove this complete lie by going to companies house and comparing the 2 clubs accounts over the 7 years to May 2018 (the most recent published data) which is all on record for those willing to do the real research to see what the real truth is…

Over that period on a cash flow basis (what the net spend brigade on here quote all the time) Liverpool spent £618.2m on new players and recouped £314.3m on player sales for a net outlay of £303.9m. This was in spite of windfall sales of the likes of Suarez and Coutinho (and I agree they manage contracts and transfers a lot better than the Arsenal Board have done and that the management of the club has been awful in this respect since 2008).

Arsenal spent just £522.6m (nearly 100m less) on new players and recouped £252.1m on player sales.for a net spend of £270.5m in cash flow terms, materially less than Liverpool even after mega sales of Coutinho and Suarez.

In that time the profit and loss charge at Liverpool on player trading was £158.5m versus £111.7m for Arsenal and that was even after the mega profits they made on Coutinho and Suarez.

Liverpool’s overall profit before tax and interest in this period was £147.7m versus £270m for Arsenal.

I think those defending the Arsenal Board with their net spend arguments must be either Spurs fans or on the Kroenke’s payroll/working for the club’s PR department.

In my opinion, this is all part of the smoke screen put out there by the current regime at the club to hide how fans are being taken for a ride. Hey presto another terrible transfer window is in progress with the club putting out a load of bull about not being able to afford it.

Anyway I am pleased I went to watch (with my teenage son Don Emery no less) England win their place to a cricket world cup final yesterday (sorry Aussiegooner). It was a great day out and a lot more decency than I have ever had watching the Arsenal in recent years.

1 Like

Incompetence is the reason Arsenal hasn’t been able to spend as much (gross) as other clubs (Spurs notwithstanding). Net spend totals are merely to point out evidence of Arsenal’s incompetence.

1 Like

I’m not an accountant and I don’t wanna be. I’ve seen so much conflicting analysis and information over the years concerning Arsenal’s finances that I just don’t know what to believe anymore.

All I know is that I’ve been vastly let down and disappointed. If Spuds manage to get him, I will be broken.

2 Likes

Swiss Ramble is a professional. There is no better source on Premier League finances (and he takes a special interest in Arsenal because he’s a Gunner). He examines Premier League finances for a living.

There are many other tweets in this thread that deal with various aspects of the club’s finances and why the club’s financial position has fallen off in recent years due to mismanagement. I really highly recommend that you read through the entire thread.

3 Likes

SwissRamble is fantastic and detailed and clear - and f*ing depressing reading.

Any other source is rife with potential error and bias and heterogeneous metrics.

Also that chart showing how we spend 485 million pretty much says it all…

3 Likes