William Saliba (2)

It’s worse than the one of him on the toilet

I’m really concerned by people’s expectations of this kid. He’s a teenage centre half, he has an awful lot to learn and he will make mistakes and people are going to have to be ready for that. I hope he gets lots of game time but people expecting him to come in and be an instant upgrade are going to need to be a bit more patient.

5 Likes

People saying they’ll except mistakes by a CB that lead to defeats are telling lies.
We can’t except that and wouldn’t be fair on him either.
Also no pre season. Don’t see him playing much before Christmas earliest.

1 Like

Gotta remember Saliba is a kid still. Can get away with playing them in attacking positions, but not at CB. Unless he is utterly years above his age, I can’t see him starting too many games.

3 Likes

I think he’ll start a lot more games than the above posters are saying if healthy.

I understand that he’s still a kid, but he already shits on the likes of Holding etc.

1 Like

The thing is, if he’s not as good as that straight away, you’ll be the first to write him off.

1 Like

If anything he’s on level terms with Holding.
Mustafi, Papa, Luiz and Chambers are better than Saliba at the moment.
No point rushing him in. He’ll get wrecked and potentially cost us points.

:laca2:

Disagree big time but each to their own.

2 Likes

As quick as you were to right Tierney off ? Hopefully we can get that 20 million quid back for him this summer :sunglasses:.

An absolute call of insanity that one :rofl:

1 Like

Hey. Chambers came back from Fulham a new man. Was awesome in the opening game against Newcastle. Done a job when called upon thereafter. Think he had one average game against Liverpool (?).
But yeah big fan but I think the latest ACL could fuck him up.

Good play not getting trollololololol’ed

Yeah the latest ACL is a concern, he was actually rather reasonable early last season as you say.

The difference is, I’d rather be happy than right

Yep. We absolutely should have sold him for 25m quid right then.

8 Likes

No :weary:

Chambers4lyf

1 Like

Did you genuinely, I thought that was just trolling based on Scottish League stuff.

Bad call, bro. Bad call.

1 Like

Yep, he’s got me bang to rights. Can’t remember when it was exactly, I’ve a feeling it was not long after he came back from injury and wasn’t looking great.

Probably a healthy amount of wanting to wind Calum up in there to be fair :grin:

:red_circle: :white_circle:

6 Likes

Can’t get excited while he still has that frankly unprofessional facial hair

2 Likes