William Saliba (2)

1 Like
5 Likes

Promising

Only £4.5m in FPL :eyes: I just don’t know whether he’ll be a regular starter.

3 Likes

I think he’ll get enough minutes to justify that £4.5, maybe just not at the beginning

I can totally see Arteta starting him at Fulham. If he impresses him, he’ll do it.

1 Like

Looks mad composed on the ball, always looking for that forward pass and when under pressure can shield the ball without issues. Looks assured however will wait to see how Arteta molds him and how he performs against the bigger teams. Hopefully set for big tings ah gwan !?

2 Likes

I think if you plan to play 3 at the back, then it could be worth having him alongside another playing 4.0/4.5 defender.

1 Like

I’m trying not to read anything into Saliba’s selection for the U23s.

It might be a while before we see him in a Premier League game. League Cup and Europa League will where Saliba’s gets his game time at first-team level.

It seems like a good idea to help keep him sharp. Luiz is apparently available tomorrow so some two of Luiz/Holding/Gabriel will start and the other will be the CB on the bench, so I don’t think there is any chance of Saliba being involved. He needs to keep match fitness and sharpness while we wait for the cups to begin.

2 Likes

This is the best way to acclimatise him but of course the annoying cunts on arsenal twitter disagree as as usual :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe he just isn’t good enough or fit enough yet for the first team :man_shrugging:

Is it possible you also underestimate that he turned 19 a few months ago, you won’t find that many 19yo CBs starting for big clubs out there?

even if he is a talent and got the physical development in early from the looks of things?

5 Likes

The guy obviously needs to be eased into English football at this age.

1 Like

Yeh people are crazy if they think he was going to come straight into our back line. Arteta has been great but make no mistake we aren’t playing a back 5 because all our defenders are so fantastic you just have to play them all.

3 Likes

He’s been here long enough. Must not be ready.

We’d have thrown him into Emery’s mess but no need to sully this relative competence we now have.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we loaned him again. In fact I think we should.

Something to be said in not throwing a young player in at the deep end especially a defender.

We have enough CB options so that he can acclimatise to the requisite degree.

FLOP ! ITS TIME GO ! WENGER AND GAZIDIS OUT !

1 Like

Brighton is streaming this match on their homepage if anybody else is as bored as me…

Saliba looks like a man among boys. Watching some of these Brighton kids try to dribble past him is lololol.

George Lewis looks pretty good.

1 Like