William Saliba (2)

Excellently subtle way to cast shame on all those losers who voted yes on Auba

1 Like

He most definitely wouldn’t have shared that had he voted the wrong way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

White can play RB and DM, he might need to if Saliba returns. I’d love for Saliba to return as it gives us a lot of options whether playing 2 at the back or 3.

Plenty of games next season with us being in the Europa League and Saliba will surely bavk himself to usurp White.

Well they better pay up if they want him. €35m minimum.

And the rest

3 Likes

Aren’t they subject to a transfer ban?

Likely there’s a loophole to sign players already on loan.

I think if there is a condition in the loan agreement and that condition is trigger, the sale can go through. If I remember correctly, that is what happened with Guendouzi. I’m not aware of any such condition regarding Saliba.

Unless a ludicrous offer come sin or the player has absolutely zero interest in coming back we really shouldn’t be selling a player who is decent to then have to recruit a player or two in the same position.
Seems completely illogical.

3 Likes

No loss if he never comes back to Arsenal, never played for us.
It’s one thing looking good for Marseille, but put him up against a rampant Liverpool or Man City is another thing.
If he comes back I can only see a bit part for him and judging from his attitude and alleged non committal comments he’s not going to be accepting that.

1 Like

No sure about this “no loss” thing.
Saliba already proved that he is more than capable to play some games for us, and could have a high ceiling and be a crucial player for us in the long run.
If we sell him for 35m (let’s say), we need to run through this scouting process again and there is a risk of finding a wrong player.
We gotta let him play a season or two minimum, or we have to spend another 50m (on Ben White).

5 Likes

I see him leaving.

He’s accustomed to playing every game and also won’t want to risk sitting on the bench ahead of a potential World Cup selection.

3 Likes

That’s my guess also…
Check Leno, not even selected by German NT recently and has a very slim chance got selected for WC.

1 Like

Make sense sell now if he doesn’t or is unwilling to sign a extension THIS summer. That’s the main issue

I feel a comprise could be gotten here, basically he signs a new two year extension and we allow him to return to OM on loan so he can continue his development and contend for a spot in the WC squad.

I don’t see a scenario where he returns to Arsenal, accepts being 3rd option and signs a new deal.

4 Likes

I get that and acknowledged its down to the player, if he doesn’t want to return then yes we should cash in but if he’s willing then it seems non sensicle to sell him and then have to recruit 2 of his position instead of 1.

1 Like

Agree, i want him to extend big time.

I think if he was left footed he’d start over Gabriel at CB next season very easily

1 Like

Imagine being an “ASSE” supporter hearing your youth talking about Marseille like this. :rofl:

1 Like

Or an Arsenal supporter, hearing it from your actual player.

5 Likes