William Saliba (2)

Mr Slimeball always taking shots at the Arteta/Edu regime in the media. Why not put a positive spin on his loan rather than spewing negativity?

Because that’s not his opinion?

I really can’t stand when Henry talks about the club, the only authentic thing he’s said in like 10 years was that he turned the match off when Xhaka was leading the team out. And that wasn’t even him that said it, it was fucking Evra.

2 Likes

Because he’s an agenda driven clown. Want to poison the waters between the player and club

No different to constantly negative media clowns like Stewart Robson

1 Like

Plenty of gooners don’t think that the Saliba deal has worked out well so far, perfectly feasible that he is also one of them. Basically anything Henry says these days is gonna get him labelled a rat, slimeball or similar by you, perhaps that’s because you’ve developed a bit of an agenda yourself where he’s concerned. I won’t call you a clown though :grin:

3 Likes

Actually agree with @sevchenko here. I think Henry has bit nothing but negative towards the club over the last few years and I think his agenda was clear with the whole Spotify takeover nonsense

If we get into the CL then I’m sure he’ll re-evaluate his plans.

He’s still so young for a CB (only turned 21 in March) but has so far made 49 appearances for Marseille this season.

Whatever went on before, I believe he’s now got the level of experience that makes him a definite squad option for Arteta.

Would be really disappointed if we don’t convince him to come back and sign an extension. Don’t need the hassle of buying another CB this summer when this guy can walk right into the squad.

3 Likes

“Plenty of gooners” aren’t the biggest legend of the club who will have the attention of French talent

Positive comments about the progress of the club under Arteta, and the outline of the project won’t. He won’t because it’s an endorsement of KSE (and Arteta) which he is in public opposition to.

My agenda is against anybody who takes unfair shots against my manager and club for their own self gain, particularly applies to “legends” in the media

1 Like

What’s this “my manager” like you’re one of the Artetasexuals lol.

You’ve expressed plenty doubts, in no position to get precious about someone else who does so too.

:arteta2:

8 Likes

Difference is, I want the best for the club regardless. Critiquing the coach is within bounds.

Henry wants the best for himself and Ek, which is the club performing poorly to create pressure for new owners

1 Like

People have had negative stuff to say about a club that has been on the slide for how long now, shocker.

I’m not of the opinion former players should have to put out puff pieces rather than keep it real.

3 Likes

This is an assumed, or possibly even imagined, difference, you don’t know that Henry doesn’t want what’s best for the club.

So is critiquing our transfer policy and squad management.

1 Like

It’s obvious what Thierry is doing, cone on now.

1 Like

His words in the media correlate to someone who doesn’t want the club to progress positively under KSE and Arteta, that’s not someone who wants best for the club regardless

Again, going out of your way to put a negative spin on Saliba’s situation and trying to poison the waters between Arteta/Edu and Saliba moving forward isn’t something someone does when you want the club to succeed.

The guy is phony, no other Arsenal legend has consistently spewed this level of negativity and taken shots since Arteta was appointed. Not cool dude

He is allowed an opinion tho even if you don’t agree

1 Like

Kinda agree with Henry here. Saliba ought to have been given a chance at The Arsenal

He hasn’t been sold yet though - so there’s time to give him a chance

He is, I just think its slimy, as one of the club’s biggest legends, to constantly undermine Arteta and the positive progression of this side to feed a clear agenda.

You’ll never hear him after big wins or good form, I hate negative commentators in the media like that. It’s something that’s been going on for a while now so it’s not random or even justified.

2 Likes

Very much doubt he’ll be back. He wasn’t in our plans last season and, despite some murmurs on here about a return to the Arsenal squad next season, there’s been nothing concrete from club or player thus far.