Will we sign a striker?

Surely your not fucking serious?! :open_mouth:

Ur all gonna be on Theoā€™s nuts in a few months watch.

Heā€™s supposedly signing for BVB. :facepalm:

Awesome!

He must have some balls not to sign a top quality striker come the seasonā€™s opener. For me thatā€™s enough to say he doesnā€™t give two damnā€™s about the fanā€™s or the success of the club. I donā€™t want to hear the ā€œNo Valueā€ line come out come the Transfer window end.

I think he sign the striker but the quality of said striker is up in the air. I think he go for a cheap buy sadly.

2 Likes

Being an Arsenal supporter during the transfer market is very trying, but there is still a lot of time and you canā€™t rule anyrhing out at this point because weā€™ve seen Arsene pull the trigger before.

A lot of Dominoes could still fall. Thereā€™s been rumors that PEA is still flirting with Real Madrid. If he made a late change then either Benzema or Morata would become available. I think Wenger wants a striker so we might just get one. And for the record it doesnā€™t matter whether we aggressively pursue one or they happen to fall in our lapā€¦we just need to sign someone ffs.

Sadly, for some it does matter.

I would like to see Arsenal be aggressive for once instead of waiting to see what everyone else does. Itā€™s ok to go ahead and get the guy in during the PRESEASON, get him acclimated to his teammates and start the season strongly.

If someone falls into the lap, thatā€™s fine as well. The bigger issue for me is the lineups that Arsenal are going to be trotting out there for the first few weeks of the season. Why start the season that way? Why spot your rivals points right out of the gate in what looks to be one of the most competitive PL seasons ever? Not just for the title, but for Arsenalā€™s coveted 4th spot as well.

Why is it sad? isnā€™t aggressive pursuit of signings one of the characteristics displayed by all the top sides? iā€™m not suggesting we have to be aggressive year in and year out, but when the squad has urgent need of reinforcements and upgrades i would think the manager would take a more aggressive stance in the transfer market, especially when we have been in need for a few years now of a striker.to say nothing of other positions.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not my point.

Apologies, i read it wrong.

20 days till the start of the season.
We still have the french donkey and coward speedster.

2 Likes

From those named lacazette seems like the only possibility however the amount of rumours going about on this make it too obvious and unlike Arsene. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if we ended up getting someone like Fekirā€¦ Or totally the other way and getting cavani as thatā€™s gone quiet now

And we arenā€™t even going to have the donkey to start.

1 Like

Is Bambi available for selection?

Or no one, like last summer. I mean we have only been waiting for RVP replacement for 4 seasons so is not like Wenger is in a hurry.

2 Likes

Wenger has never been in a hurry. it was ok when he had the monopoly on scouting up and coming future stars. but he definitely has a LOOOONG history of missing out on players he should have bought, itā€™s only highlighted this fact about the man in the past 3 or 4 years because of the lack of quality in certain positions and the dire needs of the squad not being addressed for so long. just look at how long it took the man to replace Lehman.

1 Like

When Welbeck is back from injury, he is like a new signing, and we will have the most dangerous attacking unit in the EPLā€¦ Giroud, Welbeck, Sanogoal, Theo, Asanoā€¦ the Fab 5.

4 Likes

2 more and youā€™ll have the magnificent seven :wink:

Weā€™d be UNSTOPPABLE!!!

1 Like

Arsenal to move for Mandzukic?

Latest gossip

Arsenal will attempt to sign Croatian striker Mario Mandzukic from Juventus, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Mandzukic has been pushed down the pecking order at the Italian club after the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain.

From the beeb todayā€¦