We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

Considering we’ve conceded too many points to lower opposition and have tougher top 6 games coming up it’s highly likely winning the Europa League will be our only path to Champions League.

Emery has already shown he’s inept by the way we struggled against part time footballers in Europe and how we just rolled over against Chelsea in the final.

Regrettably I think that’s right although a change of manager for a very good one right now could easily allow the 8 or so point gap to be closed. I haven’t given up hope that Raul and co won’t act in the next few days and then we might have a fighting chance with over half a season left.

We have absolutely zero business in the Champions League. Already for a good 4/5 seasons.

In that sense I am glad we are out of it. Currently we are hanging in by a thread in games against South fucking hampton and other bottom dwellers.

1 Like

it would be great to get back into it for the prestige that it brings and makes better players want to come/stay and it gives a lot more money and the club seems to be spending more now…but at the same time with the way we are playing i rather be the hell away from it because it is so humiliating scraping through the group stages then getting a bayern/barca/RM and then getting humped 10-2 on aggregate.

1 Like

This is our current form

If we get top 4 I’ll eat my wooly hat

1 Like

We’re probably looking at being out of Europe all together at this point.

2 Likes

Brexit FC :uk:

Top 6 is very much in play but obv can’t continue with that form. It looks even worse if u extend back through end of last season too.

Is that what Stoke are rebranding as? :pepe1:

Forget top 4 will we even finish top 6 with the way we’re playing.

No can’t see it, be lucky to get top sixth tbh.

It’s mathematically possible.

But with our form, not so much. Unless there are major improvements.

Not happening now I’m afraid. We need to get a manager in and rebuild for next season…

2 Likes

It’s going to be weird and a bit boring not having any European football next season :-1:

1 Like

You’re dreaming if you think this bunch of players are capable of top 4. The defence alone will ensure we won’t make it.

2 Likes

Right now fifth place is on pace for 54 points… just a pile of dross between 5th and 15th right now.

1 Like

I think we’ll be out of Europe all together, at least we can get rid of the 1 game a week myth we used as to why Leicester and Chelsea won the league in 16 & 17 when we balls up next season :joy:.

9 Likes

We are more than capable of making top 4
Our confidence is shot to pieces as is the self belief. It’ll only take one lucky win and the team will get back on track .

2 Likes

I still think we’ll be nearer mid table than top four and there is not much Freddie can do about it with so many poor players and a lack of organisation and motivation.

If it means we have to wait until the end of the season to get a top European manager, then it will be worth it.

But if we wait until the end of the season just to announce Arteta, then it won’t be just this season we will have thrown away.

4 Likes

I think it might be a blessing for us to be out of Europe for a year so we can just keep our minds on the PL.

1 Like