We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

We are so weak. Fml :facepalm:

I reckon Wolverhampton would cause us grief over 2 legs also if I’m being honest.

1 Like

Celtic would imo. This isn’t the get out of jail card for us it nearly was last season. Could be for United though.

We aren’t coming close to winning the Europa League this season.

2 Likes

Emery always wins the Europa League :ok_hand:

We could stumble into top 4 and/or we could stumble into Europa League but it wouldn’t be because of our manager, but rather in spite of him.

In both cases, odds are against us imho, but it isn’t out of reasonable probability just given the depth and quality of our squad.

No chance of us finishing 4th, you’d need 70 points and we aren’t going at 2 points per game from now until May.

1 Like

We are 8 points from 3rd and 9 points from second… .with 26 games to go… LC could stumble.

Absolutely we are not out of it. Just 4 years ago it only took 71 points to get second and 66 points to get 4th…

I think people are taking a 12 game sample and taking extrapolation too far… if you extrapolate plenty of teams last 12 games LAST year, they were bottom third of table yet those teams finished near the top (aside from City and Pool).

FOR CLARITY - WE HAVE ZERO CHANCE UNDER EMERY AND EVERY DAY WE GO WITH HIM, OUR FATE IS INCREASINGLY SEALED.

4 Likes

Statistical wise that’s correct. A team with no defined style or substance for a season and a bit and no idea of defending it’s simply not going to happen.

1 Like

Yeah I think EVERYONE agrees we are doomed under Emery - the convo is whether it is lost completely after 12 under OTHER conditions (including Freddie-ball for me).

1 Like

Emery will still be at the helm for long enough that it’ll mean we have no chance, club needs to act now if we’re to have any hope. Seems they are staunch with reluctance to do so though.

1 Like

Agree with that premise unfortunately.

Looking at it now, I don’t think with the form we are on we could even finish in the top 10, it’s that bad right now. The board hoping he turn it around is scary to me.

2 Likes

I think if we don’t win our next two games the board will do something during the international break.
They will have no choice.
Even by their, slower than wading in mud standards, they will be pushed into a corner that will force their hand.
Whether they make the right decision or not is the question and, considering how slow and poor their recent decisions have been, I don 't trust them to do the right thing.

1 Like

It’s the international break now mate. So Emery has some respite

3 Likes

The little slimmer of hope I still had for top four has left the building. Twelve point gap with Leicester.

More chance of finishing bottom 4, especially if we stock with the incel.

Oh well, longer he stays, the more chance incel is put on his arse along with fatty and the yank cunts.

Haha haha no. But on the plus side, no Thursday night football next season :partying_face:

Hope we finish like 8th so we don’t have Europa League either.

We didn’t have much of a chance before yesterday and we have absolutely no chance now. I am mentally prepared to lose Auba and Laca next summer. Things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better.

1 Like