We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

The team may as well stay in Coventry between the Wolves and Leicester games

1 Like

I loving it tbh making up for this shit month. The Arsenal every few days :red_circle::white_circle:

8 games in 30 days. Demanding.

We will see if we have really stepped up here.

8 games in 30 days this time of year should be embraced as that’s what being a top European club is all about, yeah it’s testing etc and all those things, but it’s what you should want.

5 Likes

My worry is that Kosceilny goes down in that time playing that frequently.

1 Like

That’s the positive mindset to have. And I guess some of our key players like Koscielny and Lacazette have had a good rest in March (all of our squad in fact) but also during this international break.

Not everybody will be fatigued. I just know we’re going to see too much of Lichsteiner, Mustafi, Iwobi etc. We might even see Suárez for fucks sake, crazy times we live in.

1 Like

Using “positive mindset” to describe Aussie. It’s the end of the world as we know it :laughing:

2 Likes

My concern is that we aren’t a top European side and aren’t equipped for this.

Still, can’t complain too much about watching Arsenal twice a week! (until it goes badly haha)

3 Likes

We don’t have the depth in quality and it looks like the teams we play don’t have Europe, so they will certainly have an advantage… need to avoid critical injuries and take some risks with players in the red - its good that Emery has managed the squad relatively well from that standpoint up to now.

1 Like

Yeah I can understand that, I’m not sure how we’ll cope either, but it’s something we want to get used to for years to come.

2 Likes

The idea of watching Arsenal every 3 days, and then when it inevitably all goes to shit:

giphy-1

5 Likes

To be fair, the teams around are all in the same position because they are either in the CL or Europa League, as well.

7 games to go.

3rd Arsenal 63pts 26GD
4th Spurs 61pts 24GD
5th Man Utd 61pts 19GD
6th Chelsea 60pts 18GD

God damn, this is getting extremely close. When we had 11 games remaining, I was targeting at least 7 wins. We’ve won 3 so far and should’ve beaten Spurs. The away games will certainly be the key to us making top 4 or not, but let’s keep at it :muscle:

6 Likes

5 wins from our last 7 and we’d be a near certainty for top 4, we must make sure we win both our remaining home games which I think we will.

2 Likes

Yeah to me this is the marker for virtual guaranteed top 4… 16/17 points should do the trick and totally doable, even if one of the teams gets a bit hot.

3 Likes

New poll:

Where will we finish?

• 3rd
  • 4th
  • 5th
  • 6th

0 voters

As i have already said, beat Everton and we are finishing 3rd, imo.

We have been fantastic at home, so yay!! However I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we need every single one of those points because we’ve been absolute shit away from home for a while now. Here’s our past 10 away game results…

Southampton - L
Brighton - D
Lolpool - L
Blackpool - W
West Ham - L
Man City - L
Huddersfield - W
BATE - L
Scum - D
Rennes - L

It’s ugly reading and there are some fucking terrible sides we’ve lost to in there. We really need to play better with 5 of our last 7 away, if not we aren’t finishing 4th tbh.

8 Likes

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

Fairly confident we’ll finish 3rd.

71.23% to be precise.

1 Like