We didn’t finish top 4 (2021/22)

If we ever in title race, I would wish fir these list of games

Spurs gonna get back at 3rd eventually. For 4th, either we crumble or get it over the line in the clutch.

1 Like

We really should improve that away form, if we can do that then for sure.

But I worry about a lot of these games away, looking at them now

2 Likes

We can do 3rd, the only question mark is the EL. I’d sacrifice 3rd for putting resources into the EL if we can get 4th too, but I’d be very disappointed if we took our eye off the ball and ended up 5th because of it.

3 Likes

The thing that worries me is that away form, fucking hell

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not for a second celebrating going third right now. Things are very fucking tight between us four clubs, and despite what should be the most favourable run of fixtures remaining, a lot of them are away from home and we all know what our form has been in that regard.

This one is still far from done and I’m not counting my chickens yet, I could honestly see us finishing in any position from third to sixth.

2 Likes

All tough games going away to really, favourable compared to the rest of the top 6 teams but still a massive hill to get over. It’s proper squeaky bum time.

In a way, I’m glad this month is loaded with games as we’ll have a good indication of where we are in the rankings by the end of it, right now I feel nervous lol.

Really not sure yet. First time under Emery that he has an expectation put on him. For me its how we perform with this rather than the overall position.
Newcastle game was a lot more solid than the wins back against Burnley Cardiff and Huddersfield.
Hope to build on this and personally would like towin the Europa more and get some european pedigree going forward.
Two top sides are finishing outside the 6 each season now and dont think your as far away now as a few seasons back if its only a point here or there.

The good thing is that we have already been on a great run earlier in the season, and it looks as if we are on another one just when we need it.

If Emery can just get our away form anywhere near our home form, then we have a really good chance of a top four place.

1 Like

Away form will probably fuck us over. Only blessing is I see all the they teams competing for top four slipping up along the way…one bad away result might still be okay

1 Like

I’m usually quite optimistic regarding these situations but having to play every 3 days in April, with a trip to Italy sandwiched inbetween and 5 away league games, is going to be a extremely demanding task.

Right now it’s a a flip of a coin who gets top 4. There are 3 pts in it and it only takes one bad game to drop out. The best we can do is just take each game as it comes as I’m sure others will drop points too in this busy period. Right now it’s a lottery.

6 Likes

Think Spurs have the easiest set of games. They have to play City but the rest are all games you’d expect them to win.

If we can beat Everton on Sunday, that will give us a huge mental boost. We might be back in 5th when our game kicks off, so the pressure is going to be huge.

3 Likes

I’m confident we’ll come above Chelsea, they’re already 3 points + GD behind and I can’t see them getting much or anything out of trips to Anfield and OT.

1 Like

So over on Redcafe they’re all convinced we won’t win any of our Away games against the mid table clubs Wolves, Everton, Watford, Leicester. Yes we’ve been poor away from home but I think that was partly down to injuries. Playing away is pyschological and you’d think the morale of this would be improving.

2 Likes

Yep, need to win at least 3 of our 5 away games to stand a chance to finish in the top 4.

2 Likes

Literally said the same to my mate last night. We are better than all the teams we have left to play. We just need to play to the level we know we can do.

Our title winning teams never faulted away, they would go away and make teams their bitch. That’s the only thing missing from us lately, the mental side away from home.

2 Likes

I saw a stat that said last season we actually matches The Invinsibles home points total, which is crazy

All games for any team are now going to be hard at this time of the season. Even Huddersfield players will put in 100 percent to see if they can be transferred to stay in the Prem.
We need to put on a run like we use to with Wenger. Securing top four will be amazing for our new manager and us but it might cost us a place in Europa final to do it.

1 Like

I feel like there’s plenty of evidence to dispute this. Can you cite any examples of already relegated players or especially teams upping it like this?

Xherdan Shaqiri plays now for Liverpool to name one. Do you think these players in Prem teams facing relegation next season will not be hoping to be seem and bought by Prem clubs. Only fans stay loyal to clubs with few exceptions.