Wilfried Zaha

It would be a massive waste to spend the budget on Zaha and then have him playing in the middle, it might have been more reasonable to suggest he was one of the strikers but that then leaves out Auba/Lacazette…

I’d say it also increases his price tag even more (good perfornances in an international tournament). If we do sign him, it’s going to be for an astonishingly disappointing high fee

I think people have to be watching it for this to be a factor.

3 Likes

That’s a harsh but fairly accurate assessment of the club…

I do agree I’m with you on Emery.
He deserves another season but unless he gets backing from the board, he’ll be off.

It’s just opinions but for me the eye test has led me to mine and the stats seem to bear it out.

With Zaha and Iwobi it is not really relevant whose better tbh. There is a good chance both will be starting forwards for Arsenal. Or at least I hope Iwobi will develop a little more and will have more to offer than Mkhitaryan. Don’t see them getting two wingers.

I hope Iwobi is moved inside where he belongs if Arsenal gets a proper winger.

I think you mean moved to the side and onto the bench
:rofl:

1 Like

Or maybe he literally meant move him inside :smiley:

3 Likes

Nope. Whether or not Iwobi is in the starting lineup, he’s a much better player inside. Arsenal has been playing him out of position (largely out of necessity). He should be playing as a No. 10 in a 4-2-3-1 (as he does for Nigeria) or alongside Torreira and Xhaka (or whoever) in a 4-3-3. We haven’t seen the best of Iwobi because he hasn’t been given much opportunity to play where he plays best.

2 Likes

The position allows him to be more dynamic.

1 Like

Dead.

Expected.

It begs the question though, why are we/Arsenal learning of this now if this was our ‘number 1 signing’? Little under a month left and we’re finding this shit out?

2 Likes

Whilst I think this won’t happen either, Kaveh Solhekol is an absolute shit source who knows absolutely nothing.

It’s funny how Zaha has thrown his own windows in by signing that extension. Otherwise he would be in the last year of his contract. Unless Tottenham is going to come up with the money.

1 Like

Is this all part of the Sanllehi plan? Making people and other teams believe we’re skint?

Haven’t they seen Elneny, Chambers and Jenkinson play? :wink:

Yeah, it’s not a good look at all.

Our approach is janky AF as there are genuine instances of competency mixed along with supreme amateurish moves.

Not sure how we ever expected this shit to happen without playing to the tune of Palace, will be interesting to see our plan B, well, if we even have one.

3 Likes

Since Sanhelli is from Barcelona unsettling players and those players forcing it is in their DNA.

Ha, perhaps that works at Barca, won’t fly here considering our lack of CL status and reported struggle finances.

2 Likes

Honestly, who is going to pay £70m for Zaha, let alone £100m?

Its not going to be a non-English team. That’s for sure.

Among English sides, City will never be interested. United won’t do it simply because it’ll make them look stupid. Spurs won’t have that kind of money or won’t want to spend it on a soon to be 27-year-old. Liverpool and Chelsea are both out for this summer at least for different reasons.

If he’s going to move to a big club, its going to be Arsenal or maybe a move to Chelsea (after transfer ban is lifted) or Liverpool (if they sell Mane or Salah) next summer.

1 Like

looks like the only possible chance we have is if Zaha just flat out hands in a transfer request and makes a big fuss