Why you chose Arsenal

Was she working as a waitress in a cocktail bar?

2 Likes

I chose Arsenal because Iā€™m a masochistic fuck wit

5 Likes

:joy:

Element of truth, though.

If I had the choice, Iā€™d never support these cunts again. Canā€™t even be bothered to show up on the pitch any more.

Sir, Iā€™ve deleted my post, as I feel no reply of mine could do justice to what you wrote. However, what Iā€™m 100% with you on about, is your username. Fuck Kroenke and need him out of the club asap.

1 Like

Liam Brady, their attacking football, Lehmann, Per

Youā€™re right.
But itā€™s made me realise that I canā€™t think of anyone at the club that I actually like and admire.
At a stretch I like Aubameyang but he doesnā€™t feel like an Arsenal player, rather someone just passing through until he can find someone better.

Does anyone else feel like they only support the club out of habit and that there is no one here they really like, from the players to the owners and management?

1 Like

Youā€™re not alone on this. Iā€™ve thought about this, and lately, post lockdown mostly, Iā€™ve watched a lot a games out of habit more than anything else. You could argue the guys are rusty and not settled yet, but itā€™s the same for the 19 other teams in the league. Just feels like going through the motion most of the times, which feels could definitely be better imo.

2 Likes

11 and had no real interest in the world game until that point, I was madly into the AFL here when I was 5.

The only 2 games of soccer I can recall watching to that point was the 94 WC final between Italy and Brazil and the 98 WC qualifier where Australia bottled a 2-0 lead to Iran at the MCG to lose on away goals.

1 Like

Quality game.

Terry Venables using his bung money notes to wipe away his tears.

Massive bottle job by us, we should have been out of sight :cry:.

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s just morphed into some ghastly corporate vehicle of the Kroenke family taking fans for granted. Itā€™s a big gravy train for the management team and players who donā€™t seem to give too much of a shit what gets served up.

The coronavirus crisis has made me think harder than ever about kicking the addiction once and for all. Trouble is itā€™s so deep in my identity (I used to be a fanatic and I still make a lot of noise when I attend matches even now Iā€™m a fossil) itā€™s easier said than done.

2 Likes

This is so trueā€¦
As I said I loved Charlie George, George Graham, the player, Sammy Nelson, McKlintock, and then moved on to Brady, Rix, Sansomā€¦then Mr Arsenal, Tony Adams,ā€¦ Oā€™Leary, Keown, Parlour then Henry Bergkamp, Wright Pires etcā€¦etcā€¦
Nowā€¦absolutely no-one makes me love this clubā€¦I do it because Iā€™ve been doing it for nigh on 40 years.
I have high hopes for Martinelli, and Sakaā€¦but also have low expectations that they will actually be at the club for much longer anywayā€¦I wouldnā€™t blame them, tbhā€¦
Supporting Arsenal has given me some fabulous moments, and some bloody awful ones, but I have NEVER felt so ā€œnot involvedā€ as I do right now.
Nobody inspires me to watch them, there genuinely seems to be a lack of passion from our players, thatā€™s what worries me more than anything.
The only people who love arsenal at the moment are our superb fansā€¦It seems that the players, staff, and owners really do not give a toss.
Shame.

6 Likes

Because I hate myself and enjoy misery.

3 Likes

That bit where she batters his legs with a baseball bat gives me chills

1 Like

Itā€™s not a baseball bat, itā€™s a sledge hammerā€¦

1 Like

Shit, yeah. Sorry.

Iā€™ve read the book. She actually chops his foot off in that.

Harrowing

1 Like

The scene in the film were he knocks the ornament is brilliant before she walks in.

1 Like

I think it needs a rewatch!

Saw Thierry Henry play football, got hooked.

1 Like

My Grandfather and my father were all Arsenal supporters . My grandfather and dad wouldnā€™t miss a home game .
I was lucky to take my dad to the final game of the North Bank ( Ian Wright ) and I took dad to the opening of the Emirates.
Sadly it was too much for dad to walk and he,sadly couldnā€™t go anymore.
My dad saw , Greaves , Best , Duncan Edwards, Marsh , Bowles all play BUT dad always said Bergkamp was THE best .
Dad and granddad watched some incredible players .

6 Likes