Where did you come across OA?

Goan but can be categorized as Marathi

Fair play, fella. Your spelling, punctuation and grammar is on point.

1 Like

Yes yea but can u put together a mean curry, thats real question.

Exactly this. Easy sign up, no “qualifiers” or barrier to entry and decent discussions. Other options seemed shit after that.

1 Like

I was checking the old forum on archive.org, most of it is gone. But I just remembered the vBookie feature, I think I was topping the charts at one point. We should bring that back. Fun times.

Now, is “El Bee” who I think it is?

1 Like

Tell me about it dude. I recently enquired on the Discourse site if there was a similar plugin or one in the making. Not at the moment, sadly :santi:

1 Like

Do you remember Haruko? What a prat he was. @Castiel @Trion @LordBendtner

back in January 2008 I was googling Arsenal transfer rumours and this forum popped up so I clicked on the link, signed up to the forum and straight away made about 5 threads with all different players we were linked with at the time, haha from what I can remember they were all terrible sites

1 Like

Back in 2009 I think is when I signed up. I was unemployed and basically bored af lol. I do think this site was like the 3rd on the list but yes I agree it didn’t seem as big of a cluster fuck as Arsenal Mania and there was one other forum I can’t recall the name of.

OA was 3rd on google. I’m far too hipster to click on 1 and 2.

3 Likes

Google search. Thought the OA sounded more official than mania and browsed it for a few months. One day Sanogo started at Leicester and pushed me over the edge and I was in.

13 Likes

good old Sanogoal. One of Wengers many weird players. He was too bad for the Ajaxu23, its acutally insane he got games for us :mustafi:

1 Like

A certain Spaniard would have disagreed with you at the time.

Frank De Boer 2015:
“However, when I see Sanogo, I still have my doubts. I have still found no qualities with which you can do something.”

:arteta:

12 Likes

I think I remember the troll now. Think Haruko was one of his many accounts.

It was a Google search for me too, back in 2006 or 2007 I joined up. I was using a general football forum before this one and I think the moderators were Middlesbrough fans, sound guys, and there was a few other supporters on there too. It was nice to discuss football in general over there.

I think I was skipping between OA and that forum and found that I wanted to hone in specifically with more like minded Arsenal fans. OA soon won me over and I’ve been a member ever since!

5 Likes

Just nosing around on the net, and I just knew that this site oozed class.

I don’t remember. It was too long ago and I’m too old. Get off my lawn!!! Punk kids…

1 Like

I use duckduckgo quite a bit. But mostly The Googles.

I wasn’t into Twitter at the time, so was looking for a source of transfer news during the summer window, AM had a shit design , with some lobby shit so I couldn’t stand it for the three weeks I was there, OA was more user friendly, and seemed like a cool place.