Where did you come across OA?

Surprised we didn’t have a thread on this already, but nonetheless. With new OA in operation for well over two and a half years now, seems like a good time to get some fresh feedback and ask the question on how you came across OA in the first place.

Doesn’t matter how recent or long ago you joined OA, all feedback is welcomed. What you made you decide to join up? Thanks! :sunglasses:

• Google search
  • Word from another Forum
  • Invited by another member
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • Other (Explain where)

0 voters

Google about 14 and a half years ago :fist:t3::fist:t3:

5 Likes

Spoke about it before but I shall say again. :slight_smile:

I searched for an Arsenal forum and tried to sign up to Arsemania but reg was locked so I found this place instead. vBulletin was also a major draw.

3 Likes

I remember going into Google and looking for VBulletin based Arsenal Forums and this one showed up. Best decision made :smiley: (Likewise @Persona! ) VBulletin was so ahead of it’s time. Also joined 14 and a half years ago @SRCJJ ! We’re proper old school veterans.

1 Like

Exactly this. Thank fuck mania wasn’t vbulletin :rofl:

1 Like

Googled arsenal forums. Tried to join the official forum first but you needed membership so moved on down the page and came to this one

A very appropriate edit @Calum :slight_smile:

1 Like

What did I edit haha

1 Like

Did google exist back then? :smiley:

I googled it… or altavistad it, dunno which one.

Google celebrated it’s 20th birthday fairly recently, so yes :wink: I could’ve said Internet search but let’s face it, I’m certain 99% of users, use Google as their search engine. Unless anyone still uses Ask Jeeves :joy:

Google Search in 2009 after i got permanently banned from Arsenal Mania. Happy now?

1 Like

Most Bing searches are accidentally done on a work PC that has the settings blocked so you can’t change the default search engine and you’ve forgotten to go to Google first.

1 Like

@Trion was with me on Arsenal Mania using a Vela avatar :wink:

1 Like

Ffs Luca :arteta: You and getting banned go together like spaghetti and meatballs.

3 Likes

I told you this because you would have surely asked me it, you spy :slight_smile:

Did you join OA under a different name or account then? Because you didn’t join OA until the end of 2011, unless back then you just read posts?

Just reading posts for about 1 year, then RobinVanTheMagic.

1 Like

Luca don’t admit to multi accounting :cech:

1 Like

No, it was my first account, then i changed to Gunning_from_Italy when Robin left.

@RockyMaivia, do you remember my hate for Koscielny? :arteta:

Robinvanthemagic thats a throwback name hah

1 Like