Where are you going on holiday?

Great pics!

1 Like

Awesome

1 Like

Looks absolutely incredible

1 Like

Spent the weekend in Pisa and now off to Florence for a few days before heading to Tuscany for a wedding

18 Likes

Florence is a beautiful place to be, if you love your art and architecture you’re in for a treat.

1 Like

Rome? Completed it mate

14 Likes

Oh look at you outside UK.

He was also in Dublin earlier in the year. :kroenke:

3 Likes

I think I’m gonna get a card that doesn’t have a charge to use for trips abroad for the next time. In Dublin and Rome it was a pain having to go back in time and carry about a fat annoying wallet in my pocket after only carrying a minuscule card holder in the UK lol.

2 Likes

Yeah Why is Europe so cash centric…needless currency conversion charges on my credit card

It’s not which is the thing, like the UK its just assumed you want to pay with card lol as its not 1995

1 Like

Because when you want to buy a coffee for 60 cents or a beer for a euro and you don’t have actual cash you’re gonna get a slap from the person serving you.

1 Like

I’ve only been in Portugal the once but I picked up on cash being a good idea almost immediately :smile:

1 Like

Hope you enjoyed the Sixteenth Chapel

4 Likes

I can recommend Monzo! Very nice app and easy to set up.

Also your trip to Rome looked amazing! Some really nice snaps there mate.

1 Like

The traffic in roads is something else aswell :joy: constant horns getting pamped, sirens every few minutes that deafen you. You take your life in your hands when you try to cross the road. :joy::joy: Green doesn’t mean go for you here you have to keep checking the road when walking across :joy:

Just this afternoon booked flights to Iceland and hired a Jeep renegade 4x4 with a roof tent for mid September.
I plan on tearing the fuck out of those F roads!

3 Likes

Oh yeah it’s ridiculous. Pedestrian crossings are beyond pointless. Someone told me drivers there just see the rules as “guidelines”

2 Likes

Rules for driving in Italy:

Only use your brakes in an emergency
Drive as close to the car in front as possible
Green light for pedestrians mean they have to run very fast not walk
Nobody must overtake you
You always have priority no matter what.

3 Likes

Got back from a small island in the Baltic called Bornholm a couple weeks ago. Essentially the Cornwall of Denmark, with lots of cute little fishing villages, beautiful beaches and coastal walks as well as lots of delicious sea-food.

It’s a couple hundred miles from Russia, so they’re always sending bombers and jets over the island especially when our politicians visit. A couple years ago they ran war games simulating an invasion while our entire parliament and government were there for a conference lol

Very picturesque and cosy little island which is a popular destination for Scandi tourists.

Sorry for the photo dump.

Hammershus, the best preserved medieval castle in Northern Europe. Dates back to 1290.

Some baby cows hanging out by the castle, very cute and friendly

Entrance to the Russian Cemetery for the soldiers that died during WWII

Typical village (Svaneke)

Another typical village (Guhdjem)

Plenty of beautiful nature - Echo Valley (due to the excellent echo when facing the cliff walls)

Basically everywhere looks like this

Picture from the top of a 70m tall NATO listening outpost that was active during the Cold War

Very dramatic weather and vistas

14 Likes