Where are you going on holiday?

@Electrifying has a great shout with Dubrovnik. That’s been one of my favourite holidays to date. It’s defo very densely populated with tourists in summer but still very worth it imo.

Apparently Trogir in Croatia is something very similar without the tourist crowds too.

Bodrum also if you want a bit of something to feed the inner geek too along with the sun and beaches.

1 Like

I’ve been toying with Malta for about 7/8 years now but never seem to want to take the plunge and actually go there.

I’ve been to Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro. 3 incredible countries

1 Like

No time like the present! That said, I’d say 4-5 days max. If you want a beach holiday, the beaches aren’t good enough for a full week.

I can give you some good recommendations for places to eat.

You mentioned Portugal so Algarve doesn’t work?

Are you from Nepal.?

Yea bro. You been here? Do visit if you haven’t. A beautiful country for a vacation, if I say so myself :joy::grin: what about you? Where you from?

2 Likes

Going Amsterdam on Friday and Milan later on in January to watch Inter Milan vs. Cagliari

10 Likes

Know we have some Dutch gooners on here. Any advice about going to Amsterdam in March? Is it too rainy? @Bl1nk any advice?

(Our other option is to try Athens in March)

I’ve been to Amsterdam loads of times and it’s great.
The weather there is just like England so it will probably rain.

Athens is good too but the weather in March won’t be that warm either.

Tbh I don’t think there’s anytime of year Amsterdam isn’t decent enough to go to.

I’ve done 4 trips there. 2 in January, 1 in May and 1 in December.

I’ve always enjoyed it and it’s always busy with lots to do. Weather wise, it’s freezing in the winter months.

1 Like

Good chance it’ll rain, good chance the sun will shine :smiley: Hard to predict man. Amsterdam is great though, doesn’t matter what kind of weather!

2 Likes

Off to Edinburgh for a few days next weekend. Was there for work last summer and looked a place worth going back to as a tourist. Hopefully the weather isn’t shite.

4 Likes

If you’ve got the time or inclination and an old pair of boots a walk up and around St. John’s Hill is invigorating and worth the effort.
No set paths just follow your nose. See loads of fell type runners training up there.

1 Like

Where should I go on holiday guys?

It’s come to my realisation that I have about an additional 14 days of holiday this year which won’t roll over next year, so I’ve gotta use them or lose them. I’m at a loss.

My best mate just broke up with his girlfriend of 8 years and works freelance, so I’m going to suggest to him that we go somewhere for 2 weeks in August, September or October but chances are he won’t be able to make it so it’s quite likely this may be a holiday for 1.

I’m literally up for anything, I just need some inspiration. I haven’t been on a holiday in the last 4 years that was longer than a week and not family related.

It can be beach related, hiking related, city related, preferably non-European. I’m up for whatever.

Mexico. Anywhere west. Stay away from COVID

1 Like

Cuba. Cheap, good vibes, friendly people and thicc asses.

3 Likes

Mexico and Cuba are definitely on the list!

As are South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Namibia, North America (roadtrip), the Maldives.

Wouldn’t mind a chilled out beach holiday.

Mexico is fab, especially if you just want to chill in a luxurious hotel for a couple of weeks. I also love Thailand. You can get the best of both worlds there too as long as you don’t mind a bit of moving around. Lots of things to see/do for a week. And then you can chill on one of the islands for a week.

I’d also recommend a safari, I absolutely loved it, but I know that’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

1 Like

I was thinking about doing Penang and Thailand. I have family in Georgetown so that would be cheap (and nice to see them :eyes:) and then maybe doing a bit of island hopping in Thailand as I’ve never been there.

That’s top of my list I think, although I guess I just have to hope that Corona gets sorted it out.

Otherwise I’ve got a real good feeling about Mexico. I’ve got a close friend that lives in Mexico City so maybe I can do a mix of city and beach!

1 Like

Where’s the pre season games taking place. Maybe two birds with one stone.

1 Like