Where are you going on holiday?

Hahaha mate when I’m on holidays the mrs makes me pose for lots of pics.

private plunge pool at the Villa is better for swimming, no crocs.

3 Likes

Nice touch for them to make the wall into the shape of the letter a in your honour @Aussiegooner

1 Like

Haha I knew it. :laughing:

1 Like

Is that your first serious post on here? :joy:

1 Like

I’m serious 100% of the time

1 Like

Has anyone done a camino?
Despite being an atheist, this feels like a good way to connect with yourself.

Where in the world is Cameno de Santiago?

I’ve wondered this since childhood.

1 Like

It’s a 800KM walk which starts from southern France across the Basque region of Spain to most western big town of Spain which is Santiago de compostela.

1 Like

Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef was fantastic, shame I don’t have any photos to post on here. But if any of you ever visit Australia, I reccomend you do it.

2 Likes

Would love to go there.

Loved Australia when I went in 1993. Even went to the MCG on Boxing Day although play mostly rained off. Never made the reef though.

1 Like

It’s the pilgrimage of St James. Basically you walk across Northern Spain and finish at the beautiful city of Santiago de Compostela. I’ve had a friend who did it. May do something like this when the kids are grown up if the wife’s up for it.

1 Like

For @Trion’s benefit too, I was referencing the show from my childhood called Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego.

So it was an incredibly niche joke/reference, but I thought a couple others my age might have caught it lol

2 Likes

Sigh and here I thought I knew something about Europe that you didnt

2 Likes

I mean, you still did, cos I didn’t know where this place was!

So it wasn’t a genuine question, but I actually appreciated you educating me anyway.

1 Like

Hell yeah
Fucking owned Jakey the ignorant slut

Jealous of all u globe trotters. We don’t get vacations here mainly because the kids and as already established the insane air fare prices we have to pay, but fuck all y’all I’ll just walk down my street for my holiday :+1::+1: :grin::grin:

16 Likes

If trump really loved America he’d make the airfares cheaper

2 Likes

How’d your surprise go bud?

1 Like

It went so well thanks for asking! It’s a bit of a long story actually because there was more than one surprise haha

Flew in to CPH last Friday night with my girlfriend and we stayed at my mates’ flat. Early in the morning we walked over to my parents place, swung by a bakery for some of that Danish good-good and got to their flat around the time I’d scheduled a skype call with them. There balcony overlooks the road, and my mum was sat out there reading (my dad was inside on the computer waiting for the call haha) and I just started waving. Obviously caught her attention in her peripheral vision and she just jumped up, flapping her arms around and was like “what?!?!” and started laughing and told us to come up. There’s a cute video that my girlfriend took and everything.

Anyway, my parents were overjoyed and so happy to see us both on account of living in separate countries and we head in to the dining room to have some coffee and pastries. It was so nice and my dad defs shed a tear because they weren’t expecting to see us until Christmas.

My girlfriend had told her parents that we were surprising my parents because she was so excited and to be nice, they sent a bouquet of flowers as a kind gesture (this is a key bit) because my parents and my girlfriend’s parents have never met in almost 4 years of us dating. About 45-60 minutes after surprising my parents, my gf gets a text saying that the flower delivery guy is calling her mum saying the buzzer isn’t working on the main door downstairs (not the door to my parents flat but to do the building) and to please open the door for him. I jump up and run downstairs to open the door for them only to see-

MY GIRLFRIEND’S PARENTS STANDING THERE WITH A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS!

It was like Surprise Inception - a surprise within a surprise! They heard we were surprising my parents so they decided to surprise ALL of us hahahaha

Turns out they’d flown in from Chicago on the Thursday to acclimatise and do some sightseeing before springing the surprise on us on the Saturday :poldi::poldi:

I let them in, shocked in a complete state of disbelief and struggling to grasp the surreal nature of the situation given that I would literally have been less surprised to see Dennis Rodman stood there. I lead them upstairs and take them into the flat at which point my girlfriend spots them coming down the hall and screams which causes my mum to turn around in total shock as well :siuu:

And that was how our parents met for the first time ever! Pretty ballsy on my girlfriend’s parents behalf to be honest, they even rented an AirBnB just down the road but it honestly worked out SO WELL. We chilled at our place for like an hour and half, parents just getting to know each other before we all hopped on our bikes to go for a very traditional Danish lunch at a restaurant nearby. Then we went for a nice little rowboat trip in a park nearby, followed by some sightseeing around Copenhagen before heading to a really nice dinner that my gf’s parents had booked. After that we biked over to Tivoli Gardens and watched the fireworks and we ended up staying up until 1am just chilling and drinking.

My girlfriend had to go home on the Sunday but her parents were in CPH until Thursday so we’ve just spent this week taking them around Copenhagen and showing them the best bits and eating and drinking :cristo:

It honestly couldn’t have gone any better - my girlfriend and I have been trying to organise this for years but since our families are spread across three countries it’s been so difficult and my mum is a bit neurotic so if we’d set a date like April 2020 she would literally have been stressing about it until then and been a total nightmare about it so ripping off the plaster like this was actually a really good way to do it.

I realise this sounds like a lot of people’s idea of a worst nightmare but it’s actually been a really wonderful week and we’ve had a lot of fun! Helps when both families are easy-going and extroverted (and a tad nuts haha)

:cristo:

24 Likes

@Criso you let us down by not doing the skype thing, I’m not upset just disappointed

2 Likes