Where are you going on holiday?

Going back to the Riesenrad? :kroenke:

1 Like

I must admit i am a bit german/austrian as well. Austria and Germany are cool if you want to relax yourself.

1 Like

As you are going in Milan, i recommend you cotoletta alla milanese, Milan rice style and ossobuco.

As long as you’ve got a football match to burn at least half of those calories after :joy:

2 Likes

Why is that fried lol.

Edit nvm that’s the cotoletta lol, oh man Milanese cuisine looks awesome

1 Like

Currently travelling around Europe with an Interrail-ticket for 3 weeks, mostly by night trains.

I’ve been to Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Belgrade, Kotor and Dubrovnik.

Now I’m going to the islands of Korcula and Bol. Split, Zagreb, Ljubljana and finally to Lake Bled.

Never been to any of these countries before and I’m really enjoying it. Wish I would have been to Croatia for the world cup a little earlier though.

9 Likes

What does one those cost these days, looking at the possibility of something like this next year. One last jaunt before getting serious and buying a house :roll_eyes:

Bookmarked.
Let us know how did it go?

I will take this up next year.

The interrail-ticket cost 200€. Then you will need reservations for sleeper/couchettes on the night trains which cost between 10-30€. If you stay at hostels that’s between 15-25€ per night (there are always cheaper ones though). If you are willing to try out couchsurfing you could also cut these costs. I found places like Prague, Krakow and Budapest (maybe Belgrade as well) were the cheapest. If you are really on a tight budget I would go to Bosnia, Albania and Macedonia instead of Croatia. Montenegro too if you want to go hiking.

Especially Dubrovnik was really pricey and overcrowded and I didn’t enjoy it because of that. Ferries between the islands from Dubrovnik to Split will set you back 15-20€ each.

It’s also very easy to get around by bus in Croatia and the Balkans. You could also hop on a ferry in Italy and then book a cheap flight back from Greece. Or if you don’t mind to drive then rent a camper/VW-Bus. I rented a T5 in Freiburg last year and loved it.

There is also an alternative called the “Balkanticket” for trains, which is a lot cheaper than an interrail-pass.

1 Like

Thanks man. I will surely bug you then.
My plan is to go to second choice or third choice cities, for instance Nice, Cologne, Valencia etc.
That way I get to experience the same culture but hopefully not as expensive & hectic as the usual attraction.

I could be totally wrong. Haven’t had time to do my research.

I went to Valencia in April, could not recommend it more highly.

Yeah I got so intrigued after reading some of Luca, AC & other posters’ opinion on it.

How crowded is it compared to Barcelona & Milan?

I did inter rail 10 years ago and loved it. Venice, Ljubljana / Bled, Zagreb, Split, Belgrade, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo, Varna, Bucharest, Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague, Krakow IIRC. Way too hectic though. Really liked Belgrade, Zagreb and Krakow.

2 Likes

I’m almost positive I was at the same Disneyworld hotel as (minor) UK celebrity Danny Dyer.

I passed him as I was getting out of the hotel pool and was like, “man that dude looks like Danny Dyer” but didn’t think anything of it because there are probably thousands of white dudes that look just like him. Then I heard him speak and knew it was him.

Told the wife, she was skeptical until I showed her a clip of him from the Real Football Factories.

2 Likes

Wished I had a chance to get a photo with him.

2 Likes

Just booked for May next year, me and the wife, 2 weeks in Dalaman, Turkey, all inclusive, for just under £900 for the whole holiday…Cannot wait…

5 Likes

Fucking hell, now that’s forward planning

1 Like

Wien:

4 Likes

The Grampians and some Aussie wild life for you @Luca_from_Italy

2 Likes