What was the last film you watched?

3 Likes

I donā€™t get it?

I, erm, thought you might be watching it at 17 minutes past 7 :pensive:

2 Likes

I have no words for you any more

3 Likes

2 Likes

Great filming and immersion. You always need to see the beauty and the horror in a WW1 film. Amazing work.

First IMAX experience might have gassed it up somewhat.

1 Like

The Gentleman
@Cristo post on this was so accurate havenā€™t got much to add. (Thanks). Great escapism and film you donā€™t have to question about morally on issues of violence, gangs or drugs. Simply doesnā€™t matter you just go with it.
Hugh Grant was excellent and Colin Farrell totally engaging.
Came out happy and entertained having watched something totally unpretentious. 9/10

4 Likes

anyone seen a film called Dead Manā€™s Shoes from 2004? directed by Shane Meadows, this guy is seriously very talented at making films that get you really thinking and remember his movies for months to come, all that Iā€™ve seen from him are brilliant and really moving

3 Likes

Yeah @JakeyBoy put me on it. @DavidHillier if you havenā€™t seen it youā€™ll like it.

1 Like

I watched it for the first time some time last year and then watched it again last week, itā€™s even better when you already know the twist

1 Like

Dead Manā€™s Shoes and Kill List are my two favourite films.

Just donā€™t watch the trailer for Kill List, because itā€™ll give away the main twist of the film.

2 Likes

What did you think of 1917 then.

1 Like

I really enjoyed it. Even though i knew it was shot as if it was one continuous piece, I still wasnā€™t really sure what to expect. But thought it was a really great piece of filmmaking.

In the cinema i could hear some people actually gasp at certain points. I didnā€™t do that, but I was pretty hooked. Itā€™s definitely a film that needs to be watched on the big screen, though, Iā€™d say.

3 Likes

Watched this again after you inserted it. Had to do it in two showings as itā€™s to heavy for one hit for me.
Brilliant acting and superbly filmed and was tenderly dealt with which really enhance the horror in a way.

Didnā€™t realize that some of the footage is used in the Metallica video for the song One.
Ordered the book today as well. Thanks @Persona

1 Like

North By Northwest (1959)

Roger Thornhill, a businessman, is at lunch with acquaintances when he taken by gunpoint to a house - owned by a Mr Townsend - because he is believed to be a government assest by a group of mercenaries who sell government secrets to the highest bidder.

After he escapes an assassination attempt he finds himself tracking down Townsend at the United Nations building in New York where he learns the identity of Townsend was stolen and he meets with the real Townsend who is then immediately assassinated by the group and framing Thornhill for the crime. Now on the run and trying to clear his name, Thornhill meets a beautiful blonde on a train who attempts to help him with his mission.

Brilliant Hitchcock classic with all the comedy, twists, and famous shots that have been copied and pariodied for decades.

The film is mostly known for THAT one scene but should be known for one of the piss-poorest excuses for an ending in all cinema. 2hrs, 16mins for that rush rush rushed ending, ugh. Felt like they used a lot of time on the Rushmore scene and then just went ā€œoh sod it, weā€™ll end it like this - boom, The End.ā€

1 Like

@Cristo see this. The main man @Persona has reclaimed his throne as the top film poster in this thread. @Persona owns it.:1st_place_medal::black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ

2 Likes

@Persona pretty much has seen every film ever made though

1 Like

He hasnā€™t seen Southern Comfort

2 Likes

isnā€™t that a laundry brand?

No, thatā€™s just Comfort. Itā€™s a softener. About half a capful for every loadā€™ll do ya.

1 Like