What was the last film you watched?

Going today. Let you know later.

Everyone I talk to says itā€™s fucking amazing.

Iā€™m going to go see it in the IMAX for the first time in my life with my best mate. I even ordered premium sofa seats for us both so that we donā€™t have to sit with anyone else :pires1:

To say that Iā€™m excited would be an understatement.

Even Iā€™m going to see it, which is a big deal for me given that Leo isnā€™t in it :laughing: I do love history, though.

2 Likes

Just got out and will review this later. A bit disappointed tbh guys.

I canā€™t remember the last war film I saw that didnā€™t suck so I donā€™t think Iā€™ll buy into the hype with this one.

1 Like

It looks more like a very high intensity drama than a traditional war film, could be wrong though but I am ridiculously hyped for it.

Itā€™s interesting that theyā€™ve called the film a number because I give zero fucks about it and coincidentally zero is also a number.

Ah no. Perhaps I should just stick to Leo films.

Iā€™ve been thinking for some time that there just arenā€™t enough films about the World Wars and that they really should make more, so I could not be more excited for this film that I currently am.

1 Like

Yeah they could do with making a few more superhero ones. Missing a trick here.

1 Like

Okay Iā€™d read the reviews and had an enthusiastic one off my eldest that I had too see this.
Most films, books, documentary,s I e seen on ww1 I always feel the horror.
This film very well filmed and entertaining on one level failed for me to deliver this. Couple of good scenes mixed with a few convenient ones to keep the story going but falls short in places for me.
Nobody is not going to not enjoy it but didnā€™t have a wow factor for me. Think @DavidHillier on Joker and thatā€™s me on this.
Have a bit of s problem with a storyline of trying to avoid a tragic massacre when the whole history is unfortunately full of them.
6/10

2 Likes

@Castiel is another who hates Joker, Stroller.

Iā€™m not alone, phew :blush:

3 Likes

You misunderstood, be says he hates your jokes.

Sorry, Iā€™m just busting balls. I donā€™t mean it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@A.F

Did you ever watch ā€˜A Man Named Oveā€™? We had a little chat about it once in a thread and Iā€™ve just seen thereā€™s gonna be an American remake - with Tom Hanks in the role, might be good!

^

:face_vomiting:

No.

Not surprised to hear that theyā€™re making an American version. Hasnā€™t every somewhat financially successful Scandinavian film inspired an American remake?

ā€“

Also, Iā€™ve barely seen any (newly released) films since that conversation. Hoping I can do some catching up now during the summer.

1 Like

The Limey (1999)

Just bumped into the Nightcrawler (2014) on TVā€¦ Love this movie.

2 Likes

Jojo Rabbit

Very good! Hilarious, emotional, strong.

9/10

1 Like

Anyone else been to see 1917 yet.

Saw it Sunday in IMAX.

Thought it was very good. Cinematography blew me away and the 2 hours were over in the blink of an eye! Really felt immersed in the story and like I was one of the soldiers. What I loved about this way of filming was the suspense you felt when they were about the climb out of a trench, you had no idea what to expect. Loved that.

The scene after he wakes up from passing out, with the burning church, almost stunned by what heā€™s gone through, seems like he suddenly wakes up from a coma when the German soldier starts running at him. Loved it! This scene :point_right: youtube.com/watch?v=Jlqa_GCFfqE

Not sure itā€™s the best film of 2019, but it will probably win all the technical awards (cinematography, mixing & maybe best director).

9/10

3 Likes