What was the last film you watched?

Batman had a number of British actors in it, incidentally.

The main cop guy (the one who Batman accuses of being a snitch but the cop basically tells him to fuck off) is a fantastic British actor, too.

Iā€™d say films.

During the Disney plus for a month promo that was on in December. I started watching the MCU films seeing as they were all there apart from the Spiderman ones. So between then and March I watched them when I had the chance on a weekend.

Iā€™d never watched an MCU film before. Have to be honest it just didnā€™t seem to interest me but upon watching them I surprised myself and I have to say I really enjoyed them.

An excellent series of films.

1 Like

I have always had an interest in comic book stuff, but I watched the Marvel stuff through really late in the game. So late in the game that I watched the majority of the Marvel films after Endgame had long been out. Until then Iā€™d seen a couple of Ironman films, The Avengers and the first Guardians of the Galaxy film.

What order did you watch them in Cal? In order of release date or put in order of when the events of each film occurred in the timeline? I like how Disney has them in timeline order, I torrented them all pre Disney+ so I had to find a timeline list online. Only ones we didnt watch were Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel and Antman and the Wasp because we just wanted to get it over with and watch Endgame by that point.

Doctor Strange is really good but the other two are fine to miss out m, despite Antman being some of my favourites in the franchise

1 Like

I will go back to wtach Dr Strange before Mutliverse of Madness, just for the context, and cos I have heard its pretty good, I just really wanted it to be over lol. I like those films a lot, but when you get to like number 18 out of 20 or whatever the fuck it was that it took to get to Endgame, youre ready for them to be done lol. Especially when you watch them packed together like we did, rather than watching them at release and having them slightly drip fed.

The Mrs wants to watch Captain Marvel at some point, so thatā€™ll happen, but Antman and The Wasp isnā€™t ever likely.

1 Like

I honestly think thereā€™s only a handful that are actually good

1 Like

Youā€™re better off watching Antman than Captain Marvel - that film was shit lol

However Marvel is good for a bit of extra context etc.

Googled it before I started. Went with this one

I watched GoTG2 aswell as I loved the first one

2 Likes

Just waiting for someone to pop on now and shit on GOTG.

Although hopefully not cos I donā€™t want to have to stop liking people.

2 Likes

Captain America 2, Guardians 1 and Ragnarok (no particular order) were my top 3 Iā€™d say. I could watch the first Guardians at literally any time of any day, the humour was on point

3 Likes

Think itā€™s easyer to pick the films to avoid watching in the MCU then to pick the ones I like.

I just skip
Captain marvel ( itā€™s basically green lantern without Ryan Reynolds)
Thor the dark world
Avengers age of Ultron.

1 Like

Black Widow was terrible too

I total forgot about BW so yes total agree. Think you can add eternals to the list aswell I enjoyed the different time periods but overal a boring film.

1 Like

MCUā€™s new-gen is all boring now.

Brei Larson doesnā€™t have an endearing personality to carry the franchise, Tom Holland is a teenager, Dr. Strangeā€™s persona is that of a loner so he can be in the center stage either.

And what is the endgame for these lot in coming Phase?

Current set up would be Kang and the multiverse and possibly the celestials further down the line.

2 Likes

Did you watch all the extra teaser scenes after the credits rolled in each of the films ?!

I just watched Bohemian Rhapsody and as much as I like Queen, I donā€™t see how this was nominated for several different awards.
There were too many mistakes in it, like the scene where they were playing a song off the Jazz album at a concert but were still recording A Night At The Opera, which was several albums earlier and another scene, in a club with an MC Hammer song playing, that was from at least a decade after.

I know itā€™s not a documentary but the storyline was all over the place and some of the acting and script writing were cringeworthy.

If youā€™re going to watch a film about a rock band, the brilliant Spinal Tap is more realistic. :grinning:

2 Likes

There are so many mistakes/artistic license in that film. Iā€™ve read complaints from a lot of people, so youā€™re not alone. The dates are all over the place in regard to the recording of certain songs. And Freddie Mercury didnā€™t know he was HIV positive until a couple of years after Live Aid. Also, film makes it look like Queen were dead in the water before the Live Aid performance, but they were actually doing really well. They had just returned from a 9 month World Tour!

2 Likes

For a second I thought you were talking about Spinal Tap :smile:

Iā€™ve never seen the Spinal Tap