What was the last film you watched?

Damn homie :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Holy shit I had no idea lol

I watched this the other day too. Really surprised me. The bus fight scene was absolutely amazing. Very Jackie Chan-esque with the use of props / the set.

Had no expectations and came out grinning.

3 Likes

Took me back to the 70s kung fu flicks !? Snake in the Eagles Shadow, Drunken Master etc !?

3 Likes

Drunken Master, what an absolute classic. My uncle (God rest his soul) loved martial arts films and we used to watch them together when I was much younger. He had a huge VHS collection and Drunken Master 1 and 2 were real favourites, loved Police Story 1 and 2, Operation Condor, Rumble in the Bronx, First Strikeā€¦and the old Jet Li classics like Fist of Legend, Once upon a time in China. Canā€™t forget JCVD with Kickboxer and Bloodsport. And then Donnie Yen who has made some brilliant films in more recent times.

Shang Chi had some fight scenes that brought back memories of simpler days, probably why I enjoyed it so much!

4 Likes

Man when I was a teen I loved all the Jet Li stuff before he moved to LA and became best friends with DMX, enjoyed his modern stuff too but the old stuff was unreal. Black Mask, The Defender, Iā€™m pretty sure I have his entire filmography in DVD form collecting dust somewhere.

4 Likes

Yaaro, mittaro, I was meant to watch this bit ended up watching ā€˜People Just Do Nothing, Big In Japanā€™ instead. That was incredibly funny tbf!

4 Likes

Jet Li was ahead of his time, unbelievable talent.

4 Likes

Danny the Dog (what was itā€™s name? With Morgan Freeman)ā€¦ Brilliant film, one of my favourite oneā€™s for a while.

2 Likes

War is a classic bro

1 Like

That bus fight was the best action the MCU, and most of Hollywood, has seen in years.

CGI and shitty quick cut abuse runs rampant these days.

The other film with amazing action in the MCU is Captain America winter soldier of course

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Free Guy.

What a film. I had no idea about it until a few of my mates were talking about it on the group chat today haha.

I had never heard of it before so rented it on apple tv and it was well worth it.

Completed my weekend of great films :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Eyes wide shit (accidentally wrote it like this, Iā€™ll just leave it :rofl: )
Mehh. 90s models looked like 14 year old girls tbh.

Hope you donā€™t have Disney+, itā€™s free on there :slight_smile:

No I donā€™t haha

Many Saints of Newark - Have to give it a 6.9

Stillwater

Slow paced and long 6,5.

Really want to watch this, but this seems like a low-ish rating :pensive:

Itā€™s an above rating :grin: Let me know what you think of it when you get the chance to watch it

1 Like